Briggs on bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Hi- I'm new to your forum and wanted to post my project from a couple of years back. This bike as had a Riobi engine, a 3hp Briggs, a 5hp Briggs (pictured) and electric on it. The best combo has been the 3hp Briggs. Doesn't shake too much, and it'll still hit 35mph on level ground. I can change gears with the bike's gear-change, but NOT while the engine is running... it shreds the bike chain when I do that! Last picture is of the 3hp.

Attachments

• 000_0066.jpg
    000_0066.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 142
  • 000_0067.jpg
    000_0067.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 20031206-007.jpg
    20031206-007.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 118

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Mmmmmm.... *** burger.... LOL
I had to comment on that.
Welcome to the site!

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Da name...

HaHa... thanks. Heard it on the radio once (Really Awful Names) and thought, I'll bet that would make a great Cyber-Name! The female equivalent could be "Agnes Lipshitz!" Haha! This is going to be a fun forum. I'm going to try to shoot and post video of some of this stuff in motion.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
It was a "Throw-Together" one night, and for a while, it used to bust loose over big bumps, but I finally got a decent weld(s) on it and all is okay. I had an old Riobi motor, but it was way too hard to keep running, so I used the Briggs. Of course they have limited rpm range..... It's still a kick to ride. Police don't really notice it.

Last edited:

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
That's sounds about right. Remember- these are pix of things that worked... the rest are cut up and tossed out! I heard the name on the radio and thought it was original and funny. My old nickname "Foodbucket" had to do with a friend's stolen shopping cart.....!

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late with answers...
From the motor to the jackshaft, I used#40 chain at 10/48 ratio.
On the other end of the jackshaft, I welded a rear sprocket from a bike's gear cluster. (So yes, the final drive is bike chain.) Believe it or not, the chain holds its own. The teething problems were with the not-too-well thought out mount, which would shake loose and cause the chain to throw. My beta versions of projects are never pretty.
The bike still sits behind the house with no motor right now. (I built it when I didn't have a motorcycle. Now that I do, it collects cobwebs)
Oh yeah- it was a bit of a "behind warmer" with the 5hp on it. The 3hp was a perfect fit.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
The sprocket is the "stock" gear cluster that was on the bike. (No engine braking!) If you guys want, I can go out back and take better pix of this thing, showing how it was Assburgered together. It actually was a fun project, and considering I did it half-hearted half-_ssed, it worked pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.