Doc Sprocket
*********
A couple of years ago, I started building my own 4x6' utility trailer. I got the frame and axle done- and no further- too many projects.
Last year, a relative gave me a 4x8' trailer with a drop-down loading ramp that was rusting out pretty badly. I thunk to myself, "Self, what if you extend that homebuilt frame another 2 feet, and used the sides and ramp from the rusty hulk?"
So, today, I set to surgically removing the body from the frame: that's the weird part- the body panels have a bit of surface rust but no perforation. The frame was rotted so badly that when I lifted the body off (after much grinder work) the frame literally collapsed to the ground! I'll include some pics of before I started (being hauled by the trusty UTLTV I have named the MULE*), with the rotten wooden floor out, the body held up high by the trusty 535, and the frame carnage.
*Mobile Utility and Light Extrication
Last year, a relative gave me a 4x8' trailer with a drop-down loading ramp that was rusting out pretty badly. I thunk to myself, "Self, what if you extend that homebuilt frame another 2 feet, and used the sides and ramp from the rusty hulk?"
So, today, I set to surgically removing the body from the frame: that's the weird part- the body panels have a bit of surface rust but no perforation. The frame was rotted so badly that when I lifted the body off (after much grinder work) the frame literally collapsed to the ground! I'll include some pics of before I started (being hauled by the trusty UTLTV I have named the MULE*), with the rotten wooden floor out, the body held up high by the trusty 535, and the frame carnage.
*Mobile Utility and Light Extrication

Pat
So you didn't give it a road test to see if it tracked straight following your truck? Just in case you had to make adjustments before you burnt it in for good? 
