Bobs 2024 Build Off Build

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Is there anyway to move the bearings closer to the pulley? Lot of unsupported shaft there. Just an observation.
I might be able to lift the bearings two fingers higher by drilling holes two finger lower. I believe the weird (flat to round) adapters that came with the u-bolts would allow the plate the clear that upper lip and remain about parallel.

I was aware of the long unsupported shaft end, but opted for simplicity. There’s no where else to mount the plate/bearings that wouldn’t have been 4x more complicated. I already had the engine mount / jackshaft plate. A true diy build could have used a longer tube to hold the bearings.

The angle I went with just barely allows the handle to rotate without hitting the belt or the plate.

IMG_5835.jpegIMG_5836.jpegIMG_5837.jpeg

Last edited:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Speed and Feed.
Less RPMs and more pressure.

Reduce chatter by reducing speed by adding another gear set. Moe Jackshaft is the solution, not the problem.

Before there was Batman, there was Moe Jackshaft.

Last edited:

Evanguy

Reaction score
Speed and Feed.
Less RPMs and more pressure.

Reduce chatter by reducing speed by adding another gear set. Moe Jackshaft is the solution, not the problem.

Before there was Batman, there was Moe Jackshaft.
the more load the less chatter normally, but in the case of that jackshaft the more load the more that will flex, the more it flexes the more chatter/belt slippage, that tool wont like coming to a stop with high load on it.

but honestly its pretty cool and turned out nice looking for the simplicity of it. i would have taken the spindle pully off and drove the top of the spindle with a hand drill in low gear. 2 handed setup, hold the work in a good vice or clamped to the table

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Won’t the metal shavings be tough to bet out of the carpet though? Maybe you could put down a garbage bag first? Hope you don’t hurt the little guy.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
At the last spot, I dealt with aluminum twists in the carpet for like 3-4 years after drilling 20 or so 1/2” speed holes in a chunk of 4x6x3” billet aluminum that I used for an engine riser.

There is definitely some wobble. I didn’t find the exact belts I wanted. I think I could have done better with a 30.5” belt instead of a 30”

No shaft collars used here. Also no keys in my jackshaft key slot. Testing purposes.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I think I might have been scammed?
eBay seller near Washington Atlanta blames new USPS facility. USPS blames seller.

I waited 3 weeks then got a flag sticker instead of what I ordered. Tracking was strange. The First scan of the item was at a facility near me, not in GA.

I took the sellers side until this dumb sticker showed up. Now I feel scammed.

Anybody familiar with eBay tracking scams.
Seller response was that he’s a Marine, which seems strange. He sells all sorts of cheap foreign flags and stuff probably made in China.
IMG_5855.pngIMG_5854.pngimage.jpg

Rat

Reaction score
I think I might have been scammed?
eBay seller near Washington Atlanta blames new USPS facility. USPS blames seller.

I waited 3 weeks then got a flag sticker instead of what I ordered. Tracking was strange. The First scan of the item was at a facility near me, not in GA.

I took the sellers side until this dumb sticker showed up. Now I feel scammed.

Anybody familiar with eBay tracking scams.
Seller response was that he’s a Marine, which seems strange. He sells all sorts of cheap foreign flags and stuff probably made in China.
View attachment 147069View attachment 147070View attachment 147071
Idk about being specifically a scam, but It is definitely on the seller because He shipped you the wrong thing for certain... scammers usually "sell" a bunch of stuff, blame Shipping for the lack of delivery that was never actually sent and then fold up as soon as they are called out.

Smells more like a braying jackaṣs that doesn't want to admit he shipped the wrong thing to the wrong place.

Check the sellers about page, those that don't have a specific location (eg Tennessee, Bristol) in favor of "USA", are most likely Chinese drop shippers not even stateside sending a local grunt to go get and ship whatever from where ever

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Idk about being specifically a scam, but It is definitely on the seller because He shipped you the wrong thing for certain... scammers usually "sell" a bunch of stuff, blame Shipping for the lack of delivery that was never actually sent and then fold up as soon as they are called out.

Smells more like a braying jackaṣs that doesn't want to admit he shipped the wrong thing to the wrong place.

Check the sellers about page, those that don't have a specific location (eg Tennessee, Bristol) in favor of "USA", are most likely Chinese drop shippers not even stateside sending a local grunt to go get and ship whatever from where ever
I learned, from his local post office, this guy ships 70 or so items at a time. He uses some manifest list thing when shipping out. The post office only scans the list, then sends items to next spot without physically scanning each package.

I see lots of complaints about USPS near Atlanta and about these manifest lists. The Shiiping label said 4 lbs.

An example…
“I recently started using the bulk shipping manifest / bulk shipping form per my local post office request. I can print the labels, print the scan form, and get the form scanned at the post office - no problem. The problem is that several packages included in the "one bar code" manifest sheet do not show up as being in the possession of USPS. If I go to the individual tracking for a particular package, it shows "USPS awaits item", even 3-4 days later after USPS has had it for those 3-4 days. So I went to my local post office and ask why. Of course I was told it was a "bug". The nice lady ask for my receipt for the 5/3/2022 scan form. I gave it to her. Then she was unable to find the acceptance bar code number in the USPS tracking system for the number showing on my receipt. Wow - imagine that. She said to not worry, the packages "should get there". So now ebay sees the packages incorrectly as not being shipped and they still show up in my "awaiting shipment" even though USPS has had them for several days. Now the false late shipments are showing up in my seller evaluation. Anyone else having trouble with the bulk shipping feature, which is supposed to improve the "seller experience"? So far, my experience ain't so good. Thanks”

And then the eBay seller feedback.. 300k transactions. 98.8% positive.IMG_5856.png

Was told correct item was shipped now. I asked what method of shipping and new tracking #…

His response, in all caps….

“TRUST ME PLEASE 300000 FEEDBACKS MARINE VETERAN MAJOR ISSUES WITH USPS (GOOGLE USPS GA DELAYS) YOUR PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED SATURDAY HERE IS MY NUMBER MIKE (xxx-xxx-xxxx)”

Last edited:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Sorry Mike,
I find people with monosyllabic nick names untrustworthy.
-Bob

However, in Lou I trust. Honey on pizza? If Lou says so.
IMG_5857.jpeg

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Even the local news here (which is trash) are highlighting the horrendous "service" the local USPS is dishing out. Like many government agencies, I think they just can't get out of their own way. How does an organization hire 1000's of new workers and deliver measurably worse service? Oh yes, the government.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
One of my apple trees seems to woken up from dormancy. I don’t know Jack from Jill when it comes to apples, but green has got to be good.
The blue color on the bark is from a Bordeaux solution foliar spray. 1L water, 3 Tbs Calcium Hydroxide, 1 Tbs copper sulfate (which is blue).

IMG_5907.jpeg

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Time to remove this bottom bearing race.
I watched one video saying there is a “washer thing” below it that always gets destroyed.

Can I save this, or just pound away with hammer and screwdriver? I haven’t used heat yet. Just a few light taps with a hammer and screw turner.

I didn’t think it moved, but there might be some movement. I can see something looking less painty.

I really need to watch those vids again and read those forum posts. Need to remove this before going forward on the turny tube.

IMG_5988.png