Bobs 2024 Build Off Build

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Ain’t it spelled FEENIX? Phoenix, just seems so wrong. Like phone, it should be fone. I wonder if we’ll see Kevin entering a build this year? He’s been pretty quiet here lately. I like his frame designs, just not the slot car motors he uses. :stir::sarcasm::smiley_omg::lolgoku:
I would like to see him build just one awesome off the wall gas GoKart. With lights and other gizmos he can think of! I’ll bet he could freak us out with gas if he tried? Yes, Functional Artist I’m trying to egg you on and challenge you to work out of your comfort zone!

Your Pal,
Denny

Master Hack

Reaction score
Well, there has been a pic from Functional's place turn up on the net. It seems he might have joined the dark side and is doing his part to eff up the carbon thing. This looks like his latest project, since it was seen by his underground skunk works..IMG_0481.JPG

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Well, there has been a pic from Functional's place turn up on the net. It seems he might have joined the dark side and is doing his part to eff up the carbon thing. This looks like his latest project, since it was seen by his underground skunk works..View attachment 145127
That don’t look like his work. Notice how haphazardly it is thrown together? His junk has a high level of fit and finish. I’m not making fun of him in any way shape or form. I’m serious, I would like to see him build a small gas powered vehicle. I think it would be interesting to see what he could come up with.

Master Hack

Reaction score
I didn't want to let it be known but that is the Scrapyard Engineers company truck. Egor drove it from the Mt top Lab to Ohio to consult with other wizards on projects. What you refer to "haphazard assembly" is actually a precise collection of junk. It has a nice patina from driving across country in winter. I guess Egor had an appointment with Functional? I don't know if a simple gas vehicle is enough of a challenge.

Rat

Reaction score
Simple? Never!
Oh it may start out all innocent and simply plain... but personally I have a particular inability to leave well enough alone.
If functional is anything like me in that regard I could see him building a hybrid that would put shame to what the prius can only wish it was.

I don't do battery motors for 2 reasons...
1. That crap is expensive to do right
2. It's three times as expensive to do right well enough to plaster a stupid childish grin on my face.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Property tax bill time.
Assessment was 70% more than what I paid a year ago.

Whose pensions in Cook County are owed $48 billion by tax payers. The bill lists $27B owed for pensions and health care. Why don’t they list these separately? Wonder how much money due, due to corruption?IMG_5006.pngIMG_5005.jpeg

Last edited: