Azusa Swing Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about this?
I see how it assembles...but what keeps it stable?
Does it mount against and utilize the live axle bearing and bracket? If so, why does it include 2 bearings?
What am I missing/not understanding here?

newrider3

Reaction score
I'm guessing the axle goes through the bearings, then some tubing is welded on to the sides/underneath to make a swingarm rear suspension set up.
Honestly, it looks like a waste of money. A swingarm could be built easier without one of those, and plus it could be built so the bearings are closer to the wheels to prevent axle bending.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Seems to me like the there should be a spring or something to hold it steady? :confused:

Russ2251

Reaction score
From the appearance of it, looks like it could be used for mounting twin engines.
Could be set anywhere along the length of axle just by loosening set screws and sliding into desired positions?
Anybody?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
From the appearance of it, looks like it could be used for mounting twin engines.
Could be set anywhere along the length of axle just by loosening set screws and sliding into desired positions?
Anybody?

That's what it seems like to me. Hmm... Ideas are popping into my head...

Russ2251

Reaction score
Nobody seems to really know about these.
I was hopin' that someone had actually used one.
I went ahead and ordered one. If it works the way I think it does, I will go ahead and order another. Maybe life will get easier.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I could see you using that for dual engines. But then you would need to join the two together and lot's of welding and stuff like that. Im think there are easier way's around it.

Russ2251

Reaction score
Crankshaft clearances will determine distance from each other.
I would prefer them on extreme left and right sides.
If that doesn't work, then I can shift them closer together nearer to center. I see many possibilities, including a longer axle.
It's also possible that original mount can be utilized and will only need 1 swing mount.
I will know more when I receive swing mount.

Russ2251

Reaction score
Ok, got a partial answer.
It turns out this mount IS used for multi engine karts. Dates back to early '60's.
Once mount is set to position, it is welded to upper rear frame rail. I will probably not weld, but rather bolt it into position. I like everything to be reversible.

Kevin Noah

Reaction score
Russ, I had this mount on a Margay New Breed (old school kart) that a bracket in front or behind it to bolt the mount to-to keep it solid. Then later on you could cut and grind it back off to original.

Status
Not open for further replies.