Axle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
I am pullin all of my ideas together before i start my build and i am trying to build the most of the parts for a dirt kart. my question is an axle Can be made RITE? all you need is a thick threaded metal tube and a shorter hollow tube that the threaded axle can slide in. An then just slide it in the hollow metal tube that acts as a housing that can be welded to the frame.would that work? i think it would. one side has to be long enough for the sprocket, brakes and wheel rite. but does that sound bout rite. if there are any disagreements or coments or suggestions PLEASE talk.all the help would be greatly apreciated.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
umm you mean a rotating threaded axle turning inside of hollow steel tubing welded to do frame? and if thats what you mean your hollow tube and axle will be short lived you NEED some sort of bearing on your axle bolted to your frame

Last edited:

2or3wheels

Reaction score
You put it between the two and they have little balls that are greased, they spin creating less friction. If you do it the way you have it suguessed it it will get hot and might met or lock up.

Status
Not open for further replies.