Are two better than one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
Twice the motor= twice the fun= twice the cost.. :(

Any how... spoilt the twins to two new clutches.. all the way from these guy's..:
https://www.4strokeworkshop.co.za

If used as intended, for occasionally stop and go on a race track these are good for around 10hp.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
I need advice on installing a pulse fuel pump....or make it 2 (two...for those who dnt use the metric system).
The existing fuel tanks are both shot, so I intend to use one typical kart tank and feed both engines.

The "pulse" for the pump normally comes from the crank case pressure , via nipple?
Are there any other ways to feed the pumps?
Can I use the oil breathers from the valve covers?

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Let's see those Mikuni carb adapters. There's not a threaded hole for a plug or fitting? That is the ideal location to run the pulse pump.

Attachments

• agk.jpg
    agk.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 44
  • agk2.gif
    agk2.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 44

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
Let's see those Mikuni carb adapters. There's not a threaded hole for a plug or fitting? That is the ideal location to run the pulse pump.
Does the diaphragm in the pulse pump not need a positive pressure pulse?, hence me not including the carb intake as an option?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

One of these....

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I've just always read that the intake pulse is the strongest and cleanest pulse to drive the fuel pump. Don't have to worry about oil getting in the pump.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/fuel-pump-setup
"When it comes to the pulse line you have several options. The best option would be to use our carburetor adaptor with the pulse fitting (12372). This adapter is used with the 22mm Mikuni. This provides a clean pulse source where you do not have to worry about oil getting in the line.
If you plan to use the stock carburetor you have a few other options for the pulse source. The govenor hole once the govenor has been removed is a common place to attach a pulse fitting for the fuel pump. The problem here is you will occasionally get oil in the pulse line just like using the side cover method. The oil will limit the fuel pumps performance and require you to open up the fuel pump to clean the oil out.

The best location for the pulse line when using a stock carburetor would be from using one or our carb insulators with vacuum takeoff (20650). This is also a clean location where getting oil in the line is not a concern.
The next option we used for the pulse line was drilling and tapping the engines side cover. This picture shows the location of the pulse fitting in the side cover. This pocket area provides some protection from oil getting into the pulse line.
The last option we'll share for getting a pulse to your fuel pump is by installing a pulse fitting into the valve cover. This is the most recent method we have used and to date we have not had a problem with oil getting into the pulse line. When you are using the stock carburetor and a carburetor adaptor is not an option, we think this method is the next best option."

-AGK 2017

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
Ok, so here we go with the restoration...

Strip the kart bolt & nut.
Shot blast the frame and repaint.
Shopping list:
Fuel tank ( single)
Pulse pumps ( 2 )
New centrifugal clutch (2)
New rear sprocket (2)
New rear bearings (3)
Secondhand seat

To do list:
Machine new steering shaft
Machine new bushes for steering shaft
De-rust & polish rear axle
MaCGyver master break cylinder..
Machine & repair foot pedals
Clean carburetors and get engines running...
Re-assemble all bits

All this before Christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.