• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

arc flash burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

irelandbiker

Reaction score
have any of ye had to lie in bed all day with crused spuds on your eyes and wear sunglasses watching top gear

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I've heard from a profesional homebrew welder that whenever he gets flashed realy badly with arc welding he says go to bed with cucumbers on your eyes. Next day you'l feel fine.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I've heard that tomatoes, lettuce and bleu cheese work the best...or maybe that was for something else...

:roflol:

have any of ye had to lie in bed all day with crused spuds on your eyes and wear sunglasses watching top gear

Man, that just sucks! I've never had it happen to me, but I've heard that sometimes it feels like someone put sand in your eyes and you can't get rid of it.

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
i " flashed" myself many time (approx 250-300 amps) and i never had afterward pain in the eyes... only thing i burn frequently is my neck... welding at 300-400 amps its very easy to burn skin... you should look at my work cloths... they used to be blue... now they are white... in one week!

Tommy Boy

Idiot
Reaction score
:roflol:
Man, that just sucks! I've never had it happen to me, but I've heard that sometimes it feels like someone put sand in your eyes and you can't get rid of it.

That's gospel truth.

When I first bought my little 110 flux rig, I built a big gas grill from scratch. All I had was the crappy faceshield it came with, one that you have to hold. I burned my eyes 3-4 times over the course of building that grill. So many times that my ol' lady got tired of my cursing like a sailor in the wee hours of the morning and bought me a decent helmet for Christmas.

What a gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.