Announcing DIYGK's 2020 Champ!!! GegCorp!

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats to the winner with massive praise, golf claps, crowd noise, adoration, huzzah's, and glasses raised in the air! :cheers2:

GEGcorp "Dirt Bobber Trike"​

IS DIYGK'S 2020 WINNER OF THE BUILD OFF!

Thank you to everyone that participated, and everyone that followed along. It's obviously about the journey and having fun documenting it! And what a journey on these builds! EXCELLENT WORK all around.

What a good group of documented builds this year!

(As always, if you didn't finish, you can finish the following year -- SLACKERS! :thumbsup: )

Let's all give a round of applause to 2020's BUILD OFF WINNER!

trike_test_donut_12-31-2020_1.gif

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Hey, thank you all !

I really enjoy doing the build off and appreciate the votes and positive comments.

I want to give a shout out to the builds that inspired me to do a little more than I had planned to do on this one.

The whole trike theme was inspired by the @Smerft85 trike build.

The extra hours of prep for paint and finish detail work was inspired by @Functional Artist since he got my vote this year.

I learned the most about how to make the tilting suspension geometry by following up on advice from @hodala , and the leaning tilting action is what has kept this project from going back into the scrap pile immediately.

Thanks again to the DIYGK site team for providing a place for everyone to learn and grow and play together !

Last edited:

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Thank you all again !

Hey @JTSpeedDemon Did you ever track down that cool looking trophy last year ?

I thought I read that @chancer was sending it to Robert and it might have gotten to you (?)

I made a screen shot of it for my build page although it looks like the names on the plaque are a few years behind....

Looks like it will need a new plaque after the 2021 season.

Let me know if someone still has it... if it is lost I will make a replica to pay it forward.

Last edited:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Yeah...... I was in contact with chancer for awhile, but he just stopped responding to DMs, I don't know what happened. He said he was gonna ship it to me via UPS, but that apparently never happened. So the last known location is with Chancer in Comfort Texas. Maybe try DMing him again?

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
hmm wonder where it is? it could have shipped and gotten lost. we have had trouble with stolen packages from ups. but anyway good job Gebcorp, you had my vote i lie you build because it seemed so compact and comlex.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all again !

Hey @JTSpeedDemon Did you ever track down that cool looking trophy last year ?

I thought I read that @chancer was sending it to Robert and it might have gotten to you (?)

I made a screen shot of it for my build page although it looks like the names on the plaque are a few years behind....

Looks like it will need a new plaque after the 2021 season.

Let me know if someone still has it... if it is lost I will make a replica to pay it forward.

I'll send you Chancer's email

Ganador

Reaction score
Congrats to the winner with massive praise, golf claps, crowd noise, adoration, huzzah's, and glasses raised in the air! :cheers2:

GEGcorp "Dirt Bobber Trike"​

IS DIYGK'S 2020 WINNER OF THE BUILD OFF!

Thank you to everyone that participated, and everyone that followed along. It's obviously about the journey and having fun documenting it! And what a journey on these builds! EXCELLENT WORK all around.

What a good group of documented builds this year!

(As always, if you didn't finish, you can finish the following year -- SLACKERS! :thumbsup: )

Let's all give a round of applause to 2020's BUILD OFF WINNER!

trike_test_donut_12-31-2020_1.gif
looks amazing