Animal parts on predator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdFanatic

New member
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
7
Location
Jonesboro Arkansas
I have this briggs animal lying around after i took it off and put a predator on .I got to thinking am i able to put anything that is ony the animal on the predator its been done to clones but is it able to be done to a predator .
 

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Messages
2,758
Reaction score
30
Location
Mesa, AZ.
No. At least not to my knowledge.
I have heard of a few select Tecumseh carbs having the same bolt pattern as briggs, but that is it.
Are you trying to get rid of the animal?
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
:feedtroll: :feedtroll: :feedtroll: :feedtroll:

No. At least not to my knowledge.

Nick are you sure? I Do Not know but I had asked last month and FM jim said the new Predator IS a clone of the Honda, just like the old Greyhound "clone".
But I have not heard of Briggs parts fitting Clones either, As bird said.

Hey cam ask Jim.:thumbsup:
 

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Messages
2,387
Reaction score
24
Location
Central PA
I was under the impression the predators are slightly different that older clone engines, but some parts were still interchangeable. I think the cam is?

I don't know anything about the Animal engines, but for somethi8ng like the carb, there is probably adapter out there for that...
 

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Messages
2,758
Reaction score
30
Location
Mesa, AZ.
No. At least not to my knowledge.

Nick are you sure? I Do Not know but I had asked last month and FM jim said the new Predator IS a clone of the Honda, just like the old Greyhound "clone".
But I have not heard of Briggs parts fitting Clones either, As bird said.

Hey cam ask Jim.:thumbsup:

I thought we were talking about briggs parts going on a clone... right? Which I feel pretty sure will not fit on a predator, honda or grey hound.
But I have heard that honda, predator and grey hound do have interchangeables
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
I was reading his last line " Its been done to clones" Going on that alone my thought was
the predator is a clone. But I digress, I have never heard of briggs and clones being interchangeable either.
 

BirdFanatic

New member
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
7
Location
Jonesboro Arkansas
I have a clone block with a animal head on it i have 2 actually .I will be putting that animal on another frame and selling it but first ill be playing with it :) this predator was at a 4.9 to 1 gear ratio and it drifted nicely .Maybe kicking up the gear ratio will make for better drifts .Minus well take a few parts off the animal if i can and put it on a predator :) make the best of both worlds
 

BirdFanatic

New member
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
7
Location
Jonesboro Arkansas
got them in a box of spare parts
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150419_122910[1].jpg
    IMG_20150419_122910[1].jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20150419_122917[1].jpg
    IMG_20150419_122917[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20150419_123028[1].jpg
    IMG_20150419_123028[1].jpg
    63 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20150419_123039[1].jpg
    IMG_20150419_123039[1].jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 13

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Messages
2,758
Reaction score
30
Location
Mesa, AZ.
Also it does not have the fins that mount the stock fuel tanks. I think you have a briggs block, Cam.
 

BirdFanatic

New member
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
7
Location
Jonesboro Arkansas
The animal has the briggs logo the other does not .
First one is other block the second is the briggs

Also it does not have the fins that mount the stock fuel tanks. I think you have a briggs block, Cam.

No briggs markings none to be found briggs usually has the marking on the back of the block. The block i have now has the briggs logo on it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150419_122923[1].jpg
    IMG_20150419_122923[1].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20150419_124905[1].jpg
    IMG_20150419_124905[1].jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 9

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Messages
2,758
Reaction score
30
Location
Mesa, AZ.
My briggs does not have markings either. I have the intek which is similar to the animal block with many interchangeable parts.

I still believe what you have is a briggs block.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
:kewlsmiley: NOT. Yeah Nick is right that is a briggs block! :toetap05: what a waste of time and thought. :censored: I want my keystrokes back!:furious2:
Now I see why this guy gets soooo much crap here.:horse:
:feedtroll:

Same story different thread:horse:
 

BirdFanatic

New member
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
7
Location
Jonesboro Arkansas
:kewlsmiley: NOT. Yeah Nick is right that is a briggs block! :toetap05: what a waste of time and thought. :censored: I want my keystrokes back!:furious2:
Now I see why this guy gets soooo much crap here.:horse:
:feedtroll:

Same story different thread:horse:

Wow and the guys on bobs 4 cycle karting in the L0206 forum said it as a clone block not a briggs.Of course when i go to find the posts there gone and so is the L0206 topic
 

BirdFanatic

New member
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
7
Location
Jonesboro Arkansas
Compare that block with a clone/honda one and there are differences. It would of been cool if that was a clone block though!

I was told it was after showing pictures to the people in the l0206 forum on bobs 4 cycle but i come to find out the topic has been deleted the whole subject is gone including the history of it ever being there .I first though my engine was a L0206 but was told it was an animal so i asked about the short blocks and i got that they where clones .I have never seen an engine with nothing on it before not markings no serial .They are 5th 3rd and 1st gen animal blocks :'( then why would they tell me that they where most likely clones .
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Intek 206 and animal are similar blocks.
Clone and animal are not even close!
As many karts and parts as you flip it should have been obvious. I have 1 greyhound 1 predator and 1 briggs 206. After you posted the pics it was obvious to my ametuer eye that was a briggs block and not a clone.
BTW how very convenient your evidence from bobs forum is gone.
 

BirdFanatic

New member
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
7
Location
Jonesboro Arkansas
Chancer i deal more in predator honda not briggs and tecumseh i stay far far away from them they have a tendency to break (leak) just my luck with them lol .I have never seen a l0206 nor a briggs race engine .I can see how its much easier to see the difference when you have one in your lap .As for bobs i have no clue what happened bobs website has been acting up lately .
 

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Messages
2,758
Reaction score
30
Location
Mesa, AZ.
Well Cameron take it as a lesson learned. I too am an amateur,but Chancer is right. You flip way too much stuff to not be educated enough - to know what you are flipping.

I don't know your current career choices or status at this time, but I know you were looking at some kind of career, but not making the moves before.

So my two cents suggests, you get as well educated as you can that way you can properly inform customers of the goods you are selling them. That will keep them coming back to you and make you a good businessman - if you decided to make a career out of karts. Also if you misinform them they will eventually end up on this site looking for info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top