All things PAINTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwanttogofast

Reaction score
thanks man so next time someone comes on here about a question i will also be a *** and tell them to google it. ohh never mind im not a ***.

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
OK, calm down everyone. I think I get the picture, can we move on now?

I think I remember this topic being about some kind of paint, or paint related project?

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score

Here is the semi-finished CB175 project. The seat I bought for it doesn't fit, the bettery is out of our budget for now (that's why the gel-cell is strapped on the back) and the carbs are shot- they work, sorta but I can't get the pins out of the floats to rebuild them, so I'm going to take the easy route and find better carbs. Took it around the neighborhood today and put it's 1st 1 1/2 miles on it in the last 10 years!

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
WOW! I forgot to answer a question- sorry about that. Brite-Boy is like a chrome/copper polish... smells almost like pee (must have ammonia in it.) and it works pretty good. I think any chrome-polish would work fine on it, but we have Brite-Boy under the kitchen sink, and I'm a cheap-skate. No news there.

fluxcored

Reaction score
Poured it into the spraygun, and the minute I hooked it up to my compressor, the air started shooting without me pulling the trigger! When I did pull the trigger, the paint came out. I'm not sure if the air is supposed to be always on, but that forced my little compressor (2hp/5gal) to barely keep up.

My gun does the same and discovered that this is normal - I apparently have a bleeder type HVLP spray gun.

ryf

Reaction score
my paint scheme for my off road cart is to paint the bottom with black rustoleum, then bed coating, the rest of the frame I'm going dark green rattle can, then spray with automotive clearcoat, I've use this process on bicycles, and it looks and holds up well as long as you get the paint right before clearcoat, sealing in garbage is still garbage. the bed coating is simply because its the only thing I've seen hold up other than powder coat, and its held up VERY well other than it fades with UV, but the floorpans and bottom sheet metal don't matter to me, it will hold up better than paint to sliding across trees, so I'm in.

If you want to try powder coating, get the HF sprayer, but order QUALITY UV safe powdercoat, or else it fade without a clearcoat, also plan on having to redrill/clear every snug hole as its thick tough stuff, but thats not a bad thing, just an FYI. the HF powdercoater works fine, but why risk having to tear it down and do it over with their low quality coatings. (I would use an HF paint sprayer, butif they sold paint I would avoid it, why risk all the extra work?)

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Check this out, I don't know how many of you know about these, but I didn't know that they existed until today. They are paint can spray grips. You can use them with any standard paint can and make using spray cans soooooo much easier and more controllable than trying to do the whole thing with just your finger, (plus it prevents getting your fingers all gooey with paint).

My friend and I went to a local lawn and garden shop cause he was going buy a can of primer. He noticed these hanging there by the paint cans and decided to buy one, I did too! We used his to primer and paint a mount we made for his truck and it turned out really nice.

Attachments

• paintsprayer.jpg
    paintsprayer.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.