Advice/opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
Or...... I was just thinking. Could one rotor just be attached to the differential opposite of the sprocket and the other on the axel?
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I got a new engine anyhow

208CC OHV CHAMPION 7HP ENGINE

- 4 stroke 208cc Champion OHV horizontal engine
- Easy pull recoil start
- Max 3600 rpm
- 8.1 ft.lb. at 2600 rpm
- 8.5:1 compression ratio
- 0.63 quart oil capacity
- Low oil shut off
- 0.53 gallon fuel tank capacity
- Counter clockwise shaft rotation
- 3/16" shaft keyway
- Applications:
- Pressure washers
- Compressors
- Go-Karts
- Log splitters
- Chippers/shredders
- 1 year limited warranty
 

Attachments

  • 210204_z.jpg
    210204_z.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 2

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
Already done thanks lol. I've only unpacked the engine and taken off the air box to see about how I'm going to do the throttle but I unplugged the oil sensor and loosened the throttle arm bolt. I think I figured out the throttle myself. Just need to find a tiny spring and some old bike brakes and an L bracket. I think it'll work. If not I'll need a different return spring

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Haven't decided between a 10 tooth clutch 60 sprocket or 12 and 72. There's not going to be much clearance with 13" wheels. I'm thinking about putting 16's on it but only if I come across some cheap or free. I think to that I'll try to cut an old dummy tire rim and weld it over to make a sprocket gaurd incase it bottoms out
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I got a new engine anyhow

208CC OHV CHAMPION 7HP ENGINE

- 4 stroke 208cc Champion OHV horizontal engine
- Easy pull recoil start
- Max 3600 rpm
- 8.1 ft.lb. at 2600 rpm
- 8.5:1 compression ratio
- 0.63 quart oil capacity
- Low oil shut off
- 0.53 gallon fuel tank capacity
- Counter clockwise shaft rotation
- 3/16" shaft keyway
- Applications:
- Pressure washers
- Compressors
- Go-Karts
- Log splitters
- Chippers/shredders
- 1 year limited warranty

Awesome!!
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
Awesome!!

I found someone in Canada selling a brand new in box predator 212 engine for $115 which works out to just under $83 USD but he's 5 hours away and wouldn't ship it at my expense so I went with this engine. Probably won't be until spring before I do any work. I don't have a garage or shed but in the meantime I can start getting parts to offset the cost. Still not sure what I'm going to do for brakes yet. I'm worried about putting a single brake on with a differential so I may just lock it. The size of the kart it'll almost be like a drift kart
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top