Ryafor
New member
As I stated in my intro.I don't really know anything g about this stuff but...... I found this gocart and I want to do some mods. More less I wanna do them just to bond with the kids but the mods I do I want to show some results or improvement or the kids will just think it was pointless. Anyhow seeing as I don't know much I planned on doing easy things. I have this same cart
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11748&highlight=wolf+garten
I planned on putting 16s on the back for tires and putting the back 13s on the front and swapping the drive pulley. Same as the original poster did with the pulley. But then I read this on his thread.
My thing went ok but I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing more practice driving because I would have noticed how much it struggled up hill. Seriously it really struggled which sucked. But downhill and on the flat sections it was great. Actually downhill it was as fast as anything else. The combination of the switched pulley and bigger rear wheels was just too much, I over geared it if that's the correct term. If I had done more driving I could have switched the pulley back, giving me a bit more acceleration. Oh well there's always next year.*
Where I take them to ride it is grassy. There's a few slopes. Not big but sorta steep. Gearing etc all confuses me. Just wondering. Should I not change the pulley? Not go for bigger tires? I'm trying to make the cart a bit faster with minimal effort. It doesnt have to fly. I was thinking about removing the govenor but I keep reading mixed opinions on the subject. I would remove it but only if I don't have to change any other parts and like I said. Any post I read about removing govenor's always comes with a ton of drama. So.... leave the pulley as is or switch it? Swap tires or leave them? Do both pulley and tire swap? I wish I could get ahold of the original guy that had the mow cart. I'd like to know if after the pulley swap if he needed a bigger belt and if so what size and where he got it. I've included a pic of the pulley. Looks easy enough to just flip. It also looks like it has a bar to keep the pulley from slipping altho I may have to cut out the old one that keeps it from falling off now.
Ahh what the heck, just outta curiosity......
If I did chose to remove the govenor is it safe to do so without replacing any other parts, ie springs, fly wheel etc or whatever else I read that should be replaced
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11748&highlight=wolf+garten
I planned on putting 16s on the back for tires and putting the back 13s on the front and swapping the drive pulley. Same as the original poster did with the pulley. But then I read this on his thread.
My thing went ok but I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing more practice driving because I would have noticed how much it struggled up hill. Seriously it really struggled which sucked. But downhill and on the flat sections it was great. Actually downhill it was as fast as anything else. The combination of the switched pulley and bigger rear wheels was just too much, I over geared it if that's the correct term. If I had done more driving I could have switched the pulley back, giving me a bit more acceleration. Oh well there's always next year.*
Where I take them to ride it is grassy. There's a few slopes. Not big but sorta steep. Gearing etc all confuses me. Just wondering. Should I not change the pulley? Not go for bigger tires? I'm trying to make the cart a bit faster with minimal effort. It doesnt have to fly. I was thinking about removing the govenor but I keep reading mixed opinions on the subject. I would remove it but only if I don't have to change any other parts and like I said. Any post I read about removing govenor's always comes with a ton of drama. So.... leave the pulley as is or switch it? Swap tires or leave them? Do both pulley and tire swap? I wish I could get ahold of the original guy that had the mow cart. I'd like to know if after the pulley swap if he needed a bigger belt and if so what size and where he got it. I've included a pic of the pulley. Looks easy enough to just flip. It also looks like it has a bar to keep the pulley from slipping altho I may have to cut out the old one that keeps it from falling off now.
Ahh what the heck, just outta curiosity......
If I did chose to remove the govenor is it safe to do so without replacing any other parts, ie springs, fly wheel etc or whatever else I read that should be replaced

) then removing the left wheel & bearing, then remove the four bolts from the diff housing...