yea that looks pretty good. ive never actually had a problem at all with duplicolor. i painted my quad frame with it and duplicolor clearcoat it came out BEAUTIFUL. just make sure to prime it with a color that wont show through (ie. white primer w black topcoat) otherwise youll end up spraying like 30 coats(exageration) this is off a website(interior paint but the theory is the same)The problem is simply this…(and I’m simplifying this a bit) -
Most paint is 80% to 90% white paint base plus 10% to 20% pigment for coloration. This is important, because it is the paint base which covers…the pigment merely adds the necessary tint.
With many tones of red paint (and a few reddish-purples and oranges, as well), much more pigment is added to create the desired color. The ratio of base to pigment is noticeably more even, say 70:30. This results in a much “thinner” paint.
Thin paint does not cover well.
Painting with red becomes a very painstaking process. Coat after coat after coat, the base coat (even if the base coat is white) shows through.
One of my first professional paint jobs was red on a large kitchen and adjoining dining room. I had certainly used red paint before, but mostly in small settings, with accent walls and faux finishes.
I knew it did not cover well, so I prepared myself for numerous coats. My psyche was not prepared for one coat of red primer and eight - eight! - coats of paint, all on a very large area.
I felt like I was trying to run a marathon on a treadmill. I kept working at it, but it seemed like I was getting nowhere.
I have heard horror stories of people applying ten…even up to a dozen coats of red simply to achieve an even appearance.
Needless to say, I never forgot about that experience and kept all of my future estimates for red paint jobs fairly generous.
this should explain