a couple questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
They sell "gasket maker" silicone at auto stores that you could use for your side cover. I used it on mine when I opened it up to take the governor off. As a matter of fact, my engine didn't even have a gasket there. It came with silicone from the factory. It works pretty well and it doesn't leak at all. I would take a pic of what it looks like but I'm just getting ready to leave for work right now. Maybe when I come home later, if nobody else beats me to it...

Coolrider

Reaction score
High temp will work, regular will work as well, they dont get that hot, Honda Engines dont use gaskets anymore they only use silicone, if it is good enough for them...

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Got you the pics. One's of the stuff, the other shows my engine with the stuff on it. You can see the two parts where they come together. The arrow to the right points to where I didn't scrape it off. No oil leaks at all. Make sure that you thoroughly clean the parts from any residual oil before you put them back together.

Attachments

• rtv3.JPG
    rtv3.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 7
  • case.JPG
    case.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 11

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
I use that to i just sealed up a Motorcycle engine case with that after rebuilding the tranny,works great.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
ive took the case apart and where it was leaking the gasket was not on the little ridge where it is supposed to be so i just took that part of it off and caoted the whole thing with rtv high temp....thanks for all the help though.......
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.