a couple questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
hi i had a couple of questions one of them is:
i have a briggs and stratton 5 hp motor and i lost the gasket that goes in between the gas tank and carburater and ive tried hi-temp gasket maker and i tried to old back of a note book trick but it still leaks any ideas what i could use??

My other question is
My girlfriend has a go cart and its got the same motor i have but a 6 hp. and my question everytime i put stress on the motor it dies or i have sto stop the go cart and play with the throttle a little bit to get it back up to speed what is goin on?
thank you guys i love this web site!!

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
for the gasket,go to a small engine repair shop and get one,i once wrecked that gasket and tried everything and it did not work.New gaskets are only like a buck anyway.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off getting real gaskets. Not only because they're already made, but because trying to make them out of gasket paper for really small areas would be a major pain! :ack2:

dirtrider69

Reaction score
well i dont have a samll engines repair shop of store here where i live. i dont mind making them but ill try and see what eBay has to offer me then.

gustopf

maniac
Reaction score
dirt rider, get some engine #'s and i'll see if i have one over at our shop, if you want i could send you one, its small enough i should be able just to mail it in a regular envelope if you dont feel like ebaying it.

Coolrider

Reaction score
your carb gasket

the Briggs part number for that is 271928, also know as 272996 it is part of carb overhaul package 397145, the gasket is like $3.99 at Sears (you can order it online) or check for a local center that has it.
Hope that helps some

Coolrider

Reaction score
as for your girls cart i dunno could be a mixture adjustment try that.

I think you hit it right on, it is running out of high speed fuel, opening the mixture screw could fix it, the screen at the end of the tube could be partially plugged, could be an air leak in there too..

dirtrider69

Reaction score
i got one today at a local lawnmower repair store...sweet, but i gotta fix the exhaust pipe cause it broke off the mount
Thanks alot cool rider ill look at that tommarow

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait, wait wait.. In an earlier post you said that you didn't have a small engine repair shop nearby and now you're telling us that you had a lawnmower repair shop locally this whole time? :toetap05: :mad2: :eek:ut:

LOL, just giving you a hard time. :arf:

Coolrider

Reaction score
And I was going to move to Tennesee and open one, I figured it was an easy market, only one around LOL

Coolrider

Reaction score
ok now i need a side cover gaskey cause im leaking oil all over the place.........this cart is fighting me the whole way!!!:mad2:

If your talking about the crankcase side cover, you can go get a gasket for it, or just use silicone sealant.. if that leaks too, you have more problems to look at..

Status
Not open for further replies.