8hp briggs carb issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
OK soi need some help here. At a friends trying to get hit tiller running.

It starts then dies. Took the carb apart an poked out the passages. Its getting fuel and has good spark.

I tried adjusting the screws but Im not sure I've got it right.

Here's the numbers, model type and code.
1954312 014901 81081111

Thanks

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
^^I dont think thats it, Im pretty sure the gaskets are sealed...

Does this carb have a sort of diafram thing in it? There was a piece that got ripped a little bit when it was taken apart and I wonder if that could be the problem?
I it a special material to make it? Or can I use some gaskets material to make one?

Something else, there is a bolt going into the bottom of the carb, hold part of the throttle assembly to the carb. Should it go the whole way through e carb wall? I kind of wonder if it wasnt done right cause it stripped out easy, what size is it?
I would like to run a tap in the hole an put a new bolt in. It seemed like there was some trheads it was gripping, but even with loctite I dont trust it.

Thanks.

Also, the carb on this 8hp is I believe the same as whats on my 11 and 6hp, Ill get a picture of one of those later so you know what I am talking about.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Nope we done evolved to something higher!:D Its like this one

This kind of carb have a special name?

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Thanks ... funny thing is, he just sent me a text saying its running great. I dont know what happened. :huh:

Ohwell...

Now, I need to know what size tap we need to use and put a new bolt in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.