$80 Manco Dingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
anyway 22hp on that kart will just make a slow kart a slow kart that can do cricles

It does 40mph down the road with the 6.5hp clone and tc with the throttle stop turned all the way out. Isent that slow. Then with more power I can do 40 in rougher terrain like my woods.

Sled engine would be cool. But it would be scary fast. Trip to the ER for sure.

Dont take turns hard, always make sure you can stop in time, only punch the gas in a straight line, and Ill be good.
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
with no suspension and no seatbelt

u will do about 20 before u are seperated from the kart

Again, you dont know what your talking about. I had the speed clocked by my buddy's Honda utility quad at 41mph. I was fine. I wouldn't want to take a sharp turn on it at 40. If I have a seatbelt and I roll it, I cant bail fast enough and ill smash my head on the ground instead of rolling on the grass or dirt. What sounds better, bruises or broken neck? When I put the sled engine on it I will not take it on the road.
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I put a 6.5 hp briggs ohv on it! On the governor arm there is alot of holes that the spring goes into and I put the spring one the one farthest out so it will rev higher. it was on the hole that said 3. I haft to make a gas tank mount. I have a temporary tank bungee corded to the frame. Its pretty fast. I can spin the tires on take off on dry dirt easy. I can do some epic drifts on it.
 

Attachments

  • mancodingomotorsawp 002.jpg
    mancodingomotorsawp 002.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 14
  • mancodingomotorsawp 003.jpg
    mancodingomotorsawp 003.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 13
  • mancodingomotorsawp 004.jpg
    mancodingomotorsawp 004.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 11
  • mancodingomotorsawp 005.jpg
    mancodingomotorsawp 005.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 11
  • mancodingomotorsawp 006.jpg
    mancodingomotorsawp 006.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 12

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I got the gas tank mounted. No all thats left to to is to mount the tc cover
 

Attachments

  • gas tank 001.jpg
    gas tank 001.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 7
  • gas tank 002.jpg
    gas tank 002.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8

slideways

New member
Messages
575
Reaction score
6
I did that to an Intek on a kart i used to have. Worked great. Got me to 4500rpm using a tiny tach still governed. Make sure you change the oil more frequently. The first motor i did this to burned up the cylinder and smoked like crazy.. the oil turned silver because it wasn't changed enough.

Add a stock animal cam and that will wake it up even more.. i still have that motor. All stock with the good intek #36 carb and stock animal cam, valve springs, and retainers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top