$80 Manco Dingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I bought this go kart off a friend for $80. He said it needed the carb cleaned, When you hit the gas it would rev up, then die down then after 10min of running it would die. I knew that is the symptoms of a bad coil. I ran it for 10min, stalled, checked for spark and none. I have no spark Magnatron coils that will fit this motor so I can Find a used coil, buy a new one, Put the 5hp Tecumseh from the snow blower on it, or put a almost new 6.5hp briggs Inkek that I have. The go-kart has a foam air cleaner and the governor removed. What motor do you think I should use?
 

Attachments

  • mancodingo$80 001.jpg
    mancodingo$80 001.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 47
  • mancodingo$80 002.jpg
    mancodingo$80 002.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40
  • mancodingo$80 003.jpg
    mancodingo$80 003.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 29
  • mancodingo$80 004.jpg
    mancodingo$80 004.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 26
  • mancodingo$80 005.jpg
    mancodingo$80 005.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 32

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
overhead valve i assume?

Yea. But I was thinking if I should save the motor for a better cart. I do have a 1977 arctic cat Jag snowmobile 340cc but to bad the motor is free air. I pretty sure it would overheat. Maybe if I made a duct to draw in air and blow it into the cooling fins?
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
that would make it fly. does it have a charge coil? if so, add an electric fan?

It does but it probably wont produce enough power to power a electric cooling fan. Free Air Duct would probably be the best bet.
 

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
48
Location
Houston, Texas
The same if not better than your Yerf-Dog kart B-man. Dingos are fantastic and Manco has a stronger frame than 90% of manufacturers. What some don't realize is that Manco sets up their pedals and spindles to be reversible for customization, pedals can accommodate smaller riders and spindles differ the front ride by 3 inches in total travel.
 

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
3
Location
Oliver springs,Tn
well yeah but front my tires raise my ground clearance a few inches. i do like there spindles. i have wondered if i should mimic it on my yerf-dog.
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
Dingos are my most likes yard karts. They drive and turn so good. Manco really nailed it on the Dingos. Here is mine and my father in law riding it.

Again I love this kart. You can turn on a dime even on pavement.

Also the dingo has a weird seat hoop. I know Blue Clones gas tank will hit the seat on the Dingos. So check that when deciding what engine to run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKIVvGH9spQ&feature=channel_video_title
 

Attachments

  • P9010419.jpg
    P9010419.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 24
  • CIMG0405.jpg
    CIMG0405.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 17
  • CIMG0404.jpg
    CIMG0404.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 16
  • CIMG0402.jpg
    CIMG0402.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 20
  • CIMG0403.jpg
    CIMG0403.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 24

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
Nice dingo Bighead!

Well I am gonna try to bake the coil. Its in the oven now at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Ill let it sit in there for an hour. Sound good?
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I know Blue Clones gas tank will hit the seat on the Dingos.

On my old dingo I put a clone on it and I took a Come-along hooked it up to the seat loop and to the front of the frame and bent it a little bit, Just enough to fit the tank.
 

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
5
Location
East Providence RI
throw that sled engine in there!! Do it like killdozer did and it shouldnt be too hard. I dont think that the cooling should be a problem unless your chilling in 100 degree weather marching around your yard at parade speeds and your really working the engine like that...

Your pretty good with the whole modifying and building etc. scheme so i think you can pull it off. you have all the right tools...
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
throw that sled engine in there!! Do it like killdozer did and it shouldnt be too hard. I dont think that the cooling should be a problem unless your chilling in 100 degree weather marching around your yard at parade speeds and your really working the engine like that...

Your pretty good with the whole modifying and building etc. scheme so i think you can pull it off. you have all the right tools...

I might put the sled engine on my red go kart (pic below). Because it is already cut up. And more room for the motor
 

Attachments

  • off road gk 001.jpg
    off road gk 001.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 16

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
Sled engine would be cool. But it would be scary fast. Trip to the ER for sure.

Its only a 340cc with no power band. Like 22hp. I can handle that, Im a very good driver.
 

fowler

New member
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
18
Location
Bullsbrook West Aus
everyones a good driver till they hit that inevatial tree
i wont be the only one to tell u that

anyway 22hp on that kart will just make a slow kart a slow kart that can do cricles

itll be too unstable to acieve speed

build a new cart and itll be much more fun
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top