5hp briggs flathead intake manifold and carb

Liberty_Jesus

New member
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
so my raptor 3 needs a new carb as the original just wont work as its beat to crap with the throttle linkage broke and no idea if it works right. basically i need a carburetor that fits on my engine it should be a slide carburetor for ease of setting up the throttle. but i haven't found much online as to anything i can afford for a intake manifold and i have no real idea for a carburetor. any help is appreciated!
 

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
Look up "mikuni vm22" or "mikuni 22mm" on Ebay. The are a bunch of listings for genuine Mikunis for about $20, and 22mm is almost exactly the port size of a Briggs.

As far as intakes, the few on the web are about $50, so I feel ya there, I'm looking to Mikuni my Briggs too. Once I get a welder, I'm going to whip up a custom intake for my kart, I'll probably make a whole batch and make a bunch of money on it!
 

Liberty_Jesus

New member
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Thanks for the offer but I'm going to try and make my own first. If it comes down to it maybe but for now I'll have to try and make my own. out of what I've got itll be a week or two till I can even try to make one but hopefully I can. I'm thinking a really thick plate for the flange tapping it and screwing in a pipe instead of welding it.
 

Austin_Gore

New member
Messages
89
Reaction score
1
Location
Fayetteville, Tn
I have a racing carb that will fit your engine with the throttle setup that you want comes with tank and it just got cleaned and everything
 
Last edited:

anickode

Active member
Messages
2,296
Reaction score
75
Location
S.E. Michigan
A lot of people will make an adapter with 2 1" washers and a bit of 3/4" steel pipe. I made one for my OHV Briggs so I could run a GX200 carb on it.

Changing the length will change how your engine runs. Longer = more bottom end torque, Shorter = more top end power.
 
Top