50mm axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdabuilder

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm building a 2 seater 1000cc kart. I'm trying to find a solution for the axle. I need a 50mm axle but the longest one I can find is 1040mm, roughly 40 inches long. Any ideas on who makes a longer axle? Or other ideas on another solution?
 

bobdabuilder

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Yea I thought of that. I was hoping someone might make a longer one or have another idea. I know a longer axle may require some extra support bearings.
 

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
I'm building a 2 seater 1000cc kart. I'm trying to find a solution for the axle. I need a 50mm axle but the longest one I can find is 1040mm, roughly 40 inches long. Any ideas on who makes a longer axle? Or other ideas on another solution?

:huh:
I'm confused....
Do you mean 50 inches??
 

950speed

New member
Messages
421
Reaction score
9
Location
Texas
I think he needs a 50mm diameter, and longer than 1040mm, longer than 40 inches?? I think?
 

Mrmonk7663

Member
Messages
456
Reaction score
5
Location
Houston, Texas
50mm is the common size for the Racing karts since I believe the late 90s. 1020-1040 is the size most of those karts use. You would be better off contacting one of the manufacturers of the axles and see if they can do a custom length.
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
I need a 50mm axle but the longest one I can find is 1040mm, roughly 40 inches long.
:huh:
I'm confused....
Do you mean 50 inches??

A perfect example why america's ignorance to the metric system
is a baaaad idea..

innocent kids are likely to get bullied from all around the world for making an utterly stupid comment like that! :(

bob, I'll see what I can find..
I think I saw a race-kart style sbs two seater once for some track day sightseeing..
I think it was 20-25cm wider..

'sid

[EDIT]
:(
So I checked the two karts I had in mind (Sodi and Rimo)
Sodi 2Drive is actually just 1450 mm wide... so that'd be a std length axle I'm afraid
the Rimo Twin is 1530 wide, wider but by far not as wide as I thought it was ...
frankly, I doubt it has a wider axle with just the 80mm excess in width..
more likely they included the bumpers that sodi likely ommitted in measurements
maybe extended hubs *shrugs*

What size would you need and what keying is required?
since while it's easy to just cut some tube to size,
that wouldn't still make it a go kart axle..
but if you need a special size, maybe contacting righetti ridolfi could solce your problem,
they make kart axles on a daily basis maybe they can cut one oversize one for you and add the requied keyslots'n'holes
 
Last edited:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
A perfect example why america's ignorance to the metric system
is a baaaad idea..

innocent kids are likely to get bullied from all around the world for making an utterly stupid comment like that! :(

Lack of info confused me. Now I get that he's looking for 50mm dia. axle, longer than 1040mm. The OP was kinda confusing, partially because he didn't specify exact wanted length.
I am not confused by the metric system, just when it is talked about unclearly.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Anyway, I'm outta this thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top