$50 so I bought it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Krazy. can you unbolt the axle bearing hangars and put on some washers to move the axle over. I'm thinking you said it 1/4" off, So... Add 1/8"of washers on the hangars and 1/8" of washers on the clutch, and maybe that will get you there.

And POBOY: I don't see where he said the chain stays on turning it by hand.

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
The 1" of contact space I was referring to on the engine shaft was a more hypothetical 1" at most it would lose in contact space. The sprockets are about 1/4"... maybe 3/8" off eyeballing it. , and no I said nothing about the chain staying on when moving it by hand. Here, yes I know pictures are in order and give me a minute I will throw the engine back on and snap some.

Idk I think just spacing it more should be ok.

Attachments

• 20150719_185744.jpg
    20150719_185744.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150719_185758.jpg
    20150719_185758.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20150719_185843.jpg
    20150719_185843.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

colestreasures

Reaction score
The 1" of contact space I was referring to on the engine shaft was a more hypothetical 1" at most it would lose in contact space. The sprockets are about 1/4"... maybe 3/8" off eyeballing it. , and no I said nothing about the chain staying on when moving it by hand. Here, yes I know pictures are in order and give me a minute I will throw the engine back on and snap some.

Idk I think just spacing it more should be ok.

That should be fine spacing it out no more than that. I have done them like that before without any issues, looks like it would work fine to me. Im redoing one now myself with the same issue just i think mine has alittle more distance to line up properly.
Cole

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Yeah...that might be even a hair more than 3/8"....but that shouldn't be a problem at all spacing out the clutch...

For some reason...nobody has mentioned how they have to attach clutches to Preadators.....(without issues) ....:rolleyes:

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
This thankfully isn't a predator, it's that 5.5 briggs intek I had just collecting dust. Plenty of engine shaft actually

In those pics I just threw the engine up there with the bolts through, no nuts. I can still slide the engine over about 1/8" as well, but ya that distance is right around 3/8. Idk last night it was getting dark and I was tired as is with already have been being up for over 2 days because of work, and throwing this together.

I will say this, I'll never use a band brake on another build if I can avoid it, things are junk.

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
Welp, Black Betty sold today for $300 without the extra set of tires. Nice little profit margin there. Ordering the rest of what I need for the build off now...hoping I can get some time to work on it as I've been pulling ot at work. I honestly don't know if it will be finished by deadline...i just hope I can get it done.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Welp, Black Betty sold today for $300 without the extra set of tires. Nice little profit margin there. Ordering the rest of what I need for the build off now...hoping I can get some time to work on it as I've been pulling ot at work. I honestly don't know if it will be finished by deadline...i just hope I can get it done.

Cool. Finally! :bannana:

Status
Not open for further replies.