5 hp band s

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanegrey

zanegrey
Reaction score
we took off about the same but as soon i reached top speed he just sailed away...

do you guys think that it is the dynamic of the pipe that gives it a little more or is it just that it flows better ?

could i open up the stock exhaust and get a similar effect ?

thanks

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Are you running a governor? The exhaust wont change max RPM on an otherwise stock motor, to increase RPM on a 5hp you need stiffer valve springs but the motor will blow up if you do that(unless you add racing parts). A gutted muffler will give similar effects as the pipe but the pipe will be better and only costs a few dollars.

zanegrey

zanegrey
Reaction score
up date..

this little cart is up and ready now .

i decided to leave it as stock as possible .

it starts easy and is easy to drive and stop .
it is kinda ruff looking but is a solid machine now..

thanks for all the help and info..

pickledchang

Reaction score
yes, it is 3/4". you can buy a 12" section of pipe at home depot called a 'nipple joint' for like 3 bucks... screws right into the block. you just want to make sure you have a way to take the weight of the exhaust off the block.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
cmon how much does a 12" piece of pipe weigh? itll thread in about 1" and that is more than enough to support it

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
cmon how much does a 12" piece of pipe weigh? itll thread in about 1" and that is more than enough to support it

You dont need a support strap for a water pipe header I pick whole motors up by the water pipe headers. Just make sure it doesnt stick out cause if you clip a tree with a water pipe header it will probably rip half of the exhaust port area of the block off.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
You dont need a support strap for a water pipe header I pick whole motors up by the water pipe headers. Just make sure it doesnt stick out cause if you clip a tree with a water pipe header it will probably rip half of the exhaust port area of the block off.

thats what i was saying. you dont need it :thumbsup:

pickledchang

Reaction score
ive got a 16" section of iron pipe that weighs a good few pounds. picking a motor up here and there by the exhaust is a lot different than having the weight of the exhaust constantly torquing on those threads with every bump and vibration. sure it may not be immediately required, but its probably a good idea if its long term. and its probably the reason that almost every single engine manufacturer of any type has their exhaust supported by more than just the block.

pickledchang

Reaction score
welp, eveyones application is going to be different... i needed one because of the weight and to keep the slight bend in it oriented the correct direction. but if you the perfect setup, then by all means, skip the bracket.

zanegrey

zanegrey
Reaction score
i appreciate all the input..

i bought this cart for 50 dollars.

i put prollie 20 in cash and some elbo grease.

i cleaned and tightend it up ,made it so it would start easy ,run , stop and steer good..

sold it today for 150 dollars..

i will use the money to keep fixing my dingo...

thanks again guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.