3 Wheeler DuneCycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Hi, all! Just wanted to add another dimension to the DIU GK site... Has anyone ever messed with one of these? I used to have one back in '99. It was very comfortable and had an 8hp B/S on it... just a centrifugal clutch... Lots of fun; kicking myself for having to get rid of it. Thinking on recreating one from scratch.

...although this isn't too close... I'm thinking of building something like THIS as an improvement over the lowrider. (Using 16" wheels all around, live axle, band brake on rear.)

...sorry about the enormous image size.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
dude were are you getting that program that use for your pictures you show there that is nice

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
The one I had was closer to the pix I posted, with the "mod" 60's look.... It did about 35mph wide open, and the engine was a real oil-burner.
I use "Bryce4" to render those graphics... it's pretty easy to use.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
damn jerry they stoled you big wheel. you better get the patten down on it.those dirty dogs

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend came over today and we were talking about what projects we want to tackle, and he suggested a trike. I showed him Jerry's pics and he loved it.. Jerry, it might be a build-off! :D

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I like the design like you have, because it makes it look like the old "Big Wheel" toys, but it seems like a LOT of stress on the frame.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Ouch

Believe it or not, the only thing that busted was the part of the fork, right where the front axle bolts up. I was chasing a friend down an unfamiliar trail, came flying up on him, wondering why he had stopped. Beacause there was a big ol' drainage ditch ahead! By accounts of my friend, he said I caught at least 2' of air for about 10 or 12' before I landed, doing about 30mph. Of course, the part he likes telling was that I was screaming like a little girl on fire the whole way!
The OTHER big wreck involved being way behind our housing project out in the desert. It got dark, and the only way home was to follow the lights from our neighborhood. I hit an 8" water pipe and blew all the spokes out of the front wheel, but everything else was fine. That's why you don't see the skinny 27" wheel in the later pix.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
It's still alive! In it's present incarnation, I have the HF 6.5hp on it.
To Julopyman: It's 2" square tube, mated to a women's schwinn 10- speed. I braced the living daylights out of the joint(s) where the 2 parts meet. The rear wheels are 16" wheel barrow wheels, the chair is an old dinning-room chair with the legs cut off. On the level, a 3hp B/S moved it okay, but the 6.5hp makes it scoot.

jetlag

Reaction score

Old post, but that looks awesome... It seems simple enough to build...but I have a question about the brake.

How could you make a band brake work with that handlebar brake cable?

I tried cables on my band brake and they would just stretch or not hold tight enough. I switched it over to a rod setup and it's great. But it would be nicer to have a handle bar operated brake.

dunecycleman18

Reaction score
dunecyles

hey im looking for a parts website that i can get parts for my dunecyle that im putting a 11hp motor on. so if any one can help me out that would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.