2020 - Joe-405’s Mini Dragbike !

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
We tried again. It’s being a pain to tune. But we’ll get it !

and we tried some wheel and pipe polishing..................

Attachments

• D05A3DEC-C917-4B61-A87B-DAEAC182A442.jpeg
    D05A3DEC-C917-4B61-A87B-DAEAC182A442.jpeg
    8.4 MB · Views: 69

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
We have a lot of electrical ignition gremlins. So it might be awhile. But I think we found the issue finally. It seems to be a bad cdi box. My buddy local has some 250r stuff. He said I’m welcome to anything he’s got so crossing my fingers he’s got what I need.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
noooooooooooooooooooooo not another cool 405 project! welp sell it running time to build something cooler this year after you pay your depts
The engine is worth more separate. Nobody wants this combination and don’t wanna spend $3200 for it either with ignition issues. Posted the roller for $1500 and the engine I’ll put back in a three wheeler frame or sell it for the same price or more. I was offered $1700 for the engine only a month ago but passed on it. Shouldn’t have.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
wow well whatchya buildin next?
I have a Jeep shell. So full aftermarket frame and turbo ls engine for the sand dunes is the new plan.

and I’m still trying to figure out why it’s running like crapola. I have another ignition setup from my buddy. But it’s been really cold and snowing. Hopefully this week on my days off I can get it installed and retest again.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
Last post I think officially..........

I pulled the engine out and posted the complete roller for sale for a $1000 which is less than half of what I got in it.

I don’t wanna cut up the new ignition harness seems how they are hard to come by these days to “see” if it runs better or not. And my friend also has a almost rolling 250r trike frame and fork combo for me as well.

so I will be putting the drivetrain back in a frame that it originally came out of. And building a modded sand drag / sand dune toy trike with it.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
The End of the thread..........it has been bought and paid for and delivered as a roller.

engine going back in a sand drag / dune trike frame like it was intended. I won’t be building anymore mini Dragbikes. Unless something seriously changes around my state. We just haven’t caught on like the west and east coast yet.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
For those wondering. The trike was finished and sold. The engine was not the issue after all. I was just being way to conservative on jetting and it was just way too fat the whole time. And I won a off-road class at our local car show also with the trike. They loved it. I also took it to the sand dunes it wasn’t too bad. But it was kinda slow. Hahaha.