2018 - My first kart ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdnbrbk

Reaction score
Today's update:

Ok I finished typing lots of details of all I did and the Tapatalk app crashed!!!!!!!! 😫😫😫😫😫

Anyway, since I'm tired here's a shorter version of the updates:

- TONS of priming, sanding and painting. Mostly everything is done now though😁

- polished foot pad surface on my pedals

- designed and printed custom stickers. The one in the pics covers the Predator 212 sticker on the side of the motor

- started reinstalling rear axle (after sanding and quasi-polishing it, flywheel, new bearings, refurbed axle hangers and rear tires

Finally starting to look like a cart again.😁😁

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Rdnbrbk

Reaction score
Got some more parts final assembled. Front axles, springs wheels and tires. Plus I got my new color matched muffler in as well as some punchy colored seat vinyl for the new seats!😁

Rdnbrbk

Reaction score
Harbor Freight dolly wheels are not able to last on a kart.
Would you guys have a reasonably priced priced recommendation for a replacement? I obviously could spend an endless amount of money on Parts but this is something that my daughter and I are going to play with.

Thanks

Rdnbrbk

Reaction score
Harbor Freight dolly wheels are not able to last on a kart.
I guess what I'd really like to know is if the tire is gonna wear out or just the bearings and hub (which would totally make sense to me)??

Thanks

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I guess what I'd really like to know is if the tire is gonna wear out AND the bearings and hub and the "steel" and the entire thing will fail massively at the worst possible moment while your child is riding on it

Fixed that.

Rdnbrbk

Reaction score
Been working on several odds and ends and reworking throttle linkage but here is something visual to show. New rear lights and switch panel

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Warning lights for the rear. VERY BRIGHT! And they have multiple patterns. Should be a good way to make sure people see us when during the day

tgus3

a member
Reaction score
Been working on several odds and ends and reworking throttle linkage but here is something visual to show. New rear lights and switch panel

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Warning lights for the rear. VERY BRIGHT! And they have multiple patterns. Should be a good way to make sure people see us when during the day

awesome lights :thumbsup:what brand are they/where did you get them ?

Rdnbrbk

Reaction score
awesome lights :thumbsup:what brand are they/where did you get them ?
I got them off Amazon but I think I had found them on some Chinese websites for a few dollars cheaper but I was impatient and wanted them sooner

Kansaskart

Reaction score
Very nice and thx for the lights link. Better than my reflective beer bottle. Dig that control panel. Looks like youll be riding soon cool.

Rdnbrbk

Reaction score
Yep! Harbor Freight Wheel No Bueno! 😉

As another said, they won't last. They did maybe ten minutes until complete failure! Luckily I was driving and prepared. Got some new actual kart wheels in, just got to paint them now.

Also, little more switch wiring and new exhaust fabricated and installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.