2018 Black Widow 136cc Anybody know about the quality if these?

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Well for one, $500 had better be getting you a very lightly used Black Widow in very nice condition! American Sportworks, the brand that manufactures them, does advertise them as "Made in the USA", but remember that they note quietly "with imported components". Basically they take Chinese made components and assemble them in America.
As far as I know there's nothing inherently wrong with them, but I would recommend tracking down a true vintage yard kart. They're generally very solidly built, extremely mechanically simple, and have a lot of universal parts. Something like those Black Widows will have more proprietary parts.

Are you going to buy both, or just one?

Karttekk

Reaction score
They're small buggy style karts with the LCT (formerly Tecumseh) engine. They did have a 3 year engine warranty as far as I recall, not 100% sure on that though. Not bad, no worse than any Chinese buggy out there. Kids outgrow them quickly, sometimes you're better off getting something a little bigger to avoid that issue. American Landmaster and Go Karts R Us are probably your best parts sources. Standard torque converter drive systems and disc brakes. Keep up with any paint chips and keep them dry if you do any mudding or rust will set in.

sd3838

Reaction score
Well, I’ve already bought a manco connador II and it’s fine for my 13 yr old, but a little much for my 10 yr old. I’ve been busy today and when I came in tonight, the post may be gone. They were on memphis 100 mile radius in FB market place.