2017- go kart/atv/with a twist or two - DNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Hurray it fits! Now that ya'll clued me in that you need the reverse wound yellow spring to run it the way I have it, unlike my supplier, I might get lucky. I gota taste of what it will be like running right, nice. Ran out to the barn this am to turn it around to see if it would clear everything and a little into the oil plug but I can trim it off on one side like the tav30 install. Unfort errands to run this am finish later today see if it works.

This stuff is getting addictive I might have to put timed locks on my barn so I can only work on it a couple hours per day lol.
Doing that and you'll be locked in your barn and then you have all night to work on it lol.

Kansaskart

Reaction score
Lol! You're, right, I would pick the option to get locked inside.

Ok, I got it going and it works GREAT! Thank you! Im getting a little flexion on the center shaft on takeoff if I floor it so im gonna have to add a center bearing. Other than that I love it. Theres some big hills on the roads here and although met as cruiser, primarily, the 212 would start bogging down. This 420 rip roars and feels more like a real machine vs. A put put toy. I went ahead and added the header, sounds awesome, and the k&n style filter. Looks cool. Still lots of smalls but the big parts done and I can drive it. Sweet!

Kansaskart

Reaction score
Much better! This thing gets up and moves now! Added the 3rd center bearing that fixed the shaft flexing and the chain doesnt pop if you floor it on takeoff. Spins the tires though lol.

Attachments

• 15079367928492077539076.jpg
    15079367928492077539076.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 15079368141732065883436.jpg
    15079368141732065883436.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 7

Kansaskart

Reaction score
Woulda been a great day to work on this. Spent it riding instead lol! REALLY liking the 420.

Kansaskart

Reaction score
Regretfully, im officially throwing the towel in on this contest. Although this is in working condition and I drive it often, theres just too many smalls for me to get to as im working on a huge upstairs remodel from now till spring. So plans are to work on it a little here and there over the winter and finish in the spring. I will post pics in the projects category. Good luck!

OzFab

Reaction score
If it's complete to running stage & meets the "completed" criteria, it qualifies...

For our purposes, "complete" means- Starts, runs and drives under its own power. Remote throttle must be installed and operable without operator touching engine. Remote kill switch must be installed and operable without operator touching engine. Braking system must be installed and functional. Steering system must be installed and functional... Paint and related aesthetic touches are not mandatory to qualify as "complete" but may affect scoring.

Kansaskart

Reaction score
I'm throwing the towel in on this one as far as competition goes. I still have this machine but I went back to a 212cc due to bad handling, the 420cc was way too much. I just use it in case the creek gets out and it's stagnant and general purpose. On the plus side I have started a kart in the project pages and it will be getting the 420 that was on this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.