2015 - Old rider mower-now kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcopple

backyard hooligan
Reaction score
Got brake cable installed & working. Throttle cable is too short :( . Gonna try the bike shop tomorrow, otherwise, I might make new pullback bars.

dwcopple

backyard hooligan
Reaction score
Need to swing into the bike shop in a bit...but, got the seat risers welded on and the footrest (rack) welded down too. I am kind of digging the tossed together look of this too, in fact, I may just spot shoot some red oxide primer on the welded areas and satin clear everything. I dunno, at first I was figuring I'd get 3 cans of wallyworld primer and 5 cans of gloss or satin black just for s&g's. We'll see, gotta see it in action first. LOL

dwcopple

backyard hooligan
Reaction score
Got it finished up and did a test drive today!
The tubing for the "floorboard" proved to be an awesome place to run the kill switch wiring. I am suprised the Chinese minibike throttle/kill button worked the first try, LOL.

Two poor videos will be posted. Things I noticed that need to be addressed immediately.
1. I need to drill the new spindles for cotter pins to prevent the nuts from walking
2. I need to find something stronger to support the steering with.

oh, and I need a stronger throttle return spring. Fun Fun Fun. Am I the first one done? I know it's the ugliest, but it's kind of cool in its own way...

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I like it just the way it looks. Go with a little primer on the welds and clear the rest. The only thing I would suggest is a wide set of rear wheels and tires. Not just for stability but they would look cool. Nice job, it has a character all it own.

dwcopple

backyard hooligan
Reaction score
I do too.
Today I am gonna make some new steering supports out of some angle. I also might saw cut the handlebar riser to get it to squish tighter on the steering shaft to eliminate slop. Should be GTG then. I need to tighten the brakes even more yet and will get a longer brake cable before summer is over.

As far as rear wheels/tires. I dunno. If I could source a cheap set with a 3/4" bore and a hub that would bolt to the axle I would consider it. But, with these being hard rubber tires, they should last a while and I don't have to worry about flats either.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Yeah...................ugly has it's charm..............but.........I would paint it......just me.....

One thing I definitely WOULD NOT do....is prime the welds.....and then clear! If you want that look.....semi-gloss clear all the way.....

dwcopple

backyard hooligan
Reaction score
Got the steering support done this AM along with the kerf cut on the riser to clamp down tighter on the stem, massive difference. Massive.
Figured out the throttle cable was slipping out of the hold down but I think I have a good solution for that. Gonna ditch the rubber engine mounts as they make it impossible to tighten the chain without a tensioner. I'll get on that stuff tomorrow. Oh, and I made an extra tank support for the underside too.

Got clocked tonite at 21mph!!! Yeah!

Attachments

• KIMG0259.jpg
    KIMG0259.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1
  • KIMG0261.jpg
    KIMG0261.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 0
  • KIMG0262.jpg
    KIMG0262.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
how do I get free shipping???
I do not know. I ordered a set 2 months ago and paid shipping. I did NOT join their email list or "create an account" or nothing, but this week when I ordered there was no shipping! ????

Status
Not open for further replies.