2014 - Piranha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
I disagree my other build only had a 250cc Yamaha quad with reverse and it topped out at 108 kmph and had enough torque in 3rd gear to still send the stones flying. gonna try for a 500cc but looks like I'm probably gonna get a 350cc still plenty of torque and power. I thought about the snowmobile engine before but the jack shafys and such don't look very professional. Motor cycle engines don't have reverse. and the plans use a weak electric motor for reverse UNACCEPTABLE. Sitting in the garage for last few hours freezing my butt off, the cold snap is back. I expect speeds of 120-140 kmph and eta's of 0-60 in the 3-4 second range. Don't forget its all about gearing. Thats where the machine shop experience comes in handy. Its not what you see unless your staring at my tail lights.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Day two

Not much done spent most of the time in front of the heater or looking for things I moved when I cleaned up. Little sore today so I'm gonna call it early and rest just a little, but not enough to stiffen up. So heres what I've done today.

Attachments

• HPIM1643.jpg
    HPIM1643.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 37
  • HPIM1645.jpg
    HPIM1645.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 34
  • HPIM1646.jpg
    HPIM1646.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 35
  • HPIM1647.jpg
    HPIM1647.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 31
  • HPIM1649.jpg
    HPIM1649.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 40

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
WD40 HAHAHAHAHAHA no the disc's are fused not rusty thats my leg thats rusty. Nay just too cold and throwing me off mentally. Tomorrow should be a better day. Gonna tackle some double A-arms and finish off the welding on what I have built so far.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Well upstairs went to work early so I've been busy. mocking up the rear end not sure how to do front yet due to my bender not being right for such a tight bend so I'm gonna have to redesign the double A arms up front. Might just make copies of the back minus the width difference for the front. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• HPIM1653.jpg
    HPIM1653.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 22
  • HPIM1652.jpg
    HPIM1652.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 23
  • HPIM1651.jpg
    HPIM1651.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 24
  • HPIM1650.jpg
    HPIM1650.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 23

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Cut it with cutting discs. Don't ask how long or how many it took. Did some work today this is what I have done so far.

Attachments

• HPIM1656.jpg
    HPIM1656.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 29
  • HPIM1657.jpg
    HPIM1657.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 28

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Gonna take a few days off to decide on a CRAZY IDEA, Need to source parts and design some things, but if it works you will be HUGELY SURPRISED. Will post something Monday.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
DUDE! It's only Thursday! You gonna leave us hanging that long...... LoL
You work fast, bud..... Fast......

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
4x4 is too easy what I have in mind will do 80-100kmph and be able to go over anything. IF I can find the transmission I need otherwise I'm gonna have to go dual primary/secondary drives.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
OK FOLKS........ Pulls the black sheet off the drawings and invites everyone in to the NEW PIRANHA TANK....."Applause now" I would like to give porsche930dude some credit for his post on his mini-tank for the inspiration. Not only will this go anywhere but I'll also be able to do it with serious speed hence the time I took researching and finding my transmission. Now tomorrow I have to go see a guy about a whole lot of snowmobile parts and tracks and another guy about an engine and transmission. Should have a crap load of parts to work with in the next few days and lots more progress in the following week(s).

Attachments

• Piranha Buggy.jpg
    Piranha Buggy.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.