2014 - New "from scratch" Kart Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwesthunter

Reaction score
Thanks Jim! I was able to grab some aluminum sign material from work that was going for the trash. I'm going to fab up some body panels for it.:thumbsup:

midwesthunter

Reaction score
I dig it! I'm out of town this weekend, but will hit it hard next week. I need to fab up a seat as well. Anyone out there done this? i'll use the search function too

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
I figured there would be based on how well you thought out the rest of the kart but I just wanted to be sure.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
You can use a universal tach hour meter off a motorcycle also. The one I have was $40 and it is self powered. One wire hookup, just wrap it around the plug wire and your done !

midwesthunter

Reaction score
Well the weather has been great...up to this point. A "polar vortex" has hit the area i live in. Which has put a temporary hold on things. It won't stop the build but will slow it down slightly, i will have to pick everything up so the vehicles fit every night.
:ack2:

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
I forgot to add what I bought. It works really well. It's $37.95 retail.

I bought the trail tech tach-hour digital gauge part number 72-A00

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4

midwesthunter

Reaction score
Its been awhile since anything has happened with the kart. But there is finally some progress, i have front tires mounted, rears are on the way and material has been bought to complete steering linkage. There is hope yet that this will get completed!

midwesthunter

Reaction score
No doubt jim! I spent a good 5 hours in the garage last night, got my floor pan installed, got my spindles finished out and got the pitman arm and tie rods fabbed. rear wheels and tires will be here on thursday! all i have left to get is the seat and steering wheel.

midwesthunter

Reaction score
no rubbing intended!! :lolgoku: Actually jim, i work on the full size versions of the kart your building from time to time. Love the body and i bet yours turns out great. I've read through your thread but probably missed it somewhere, what color are you going on the body?

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Oh I was j/k...... LoL
I'm gonna do a scalloped job.... Just not sure if black on red, red on white, or red on black.....

Status
Not open for further replies.