1959 Cushman

mckutzy

Reaction score
That is so cool... Id like to see some pics of the clutch and kick starter.....
Those bikes are really cool.... Even the bigger ones the Truckster..3 or 4 wheeler...

Jet Provost

Reaction score
This is what the kids rode before the Japanese bikes invaded the market in the early 60's. I had an old one given to me around 1965. Basically it was a giant minibike. I was 8 or 9 and loved it. Then I got into motorcycles.

Jet Provost

Reaction score
Mine was also blue and white before it was restored. Mine might be a 59 58 or 57? I think they are all the same?

Attachments

• cushman 005 (3).jpg
    cushman 005 (3).jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 6

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
What's that engine? Briggs flathead 2 cylinder? The dual exhaust pipes caught my eye...

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ahhh, interesting....:idea2:
What kind of transmission does it have? CVT? Auto? Manual? Straight chain drive?

ol'joe

Reaction score
I had a lot of friends who brazed water jackets around the Cushman engine cylinders and put the engines in midget race cars. Used automobile heater cores as radiators and electric fuel pumps to circulate the coolant (water) through the cooling systems.

A lot of the old guys I raced stock cars with got started in midget racing, and at least one, Joe Shaheen, wound up owning his own speedway, a non-sanctioned outlaw dirt track in Springfield Illinois. Don't hear anything from the midget racers lately.....Joe