Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ooohoooohoooohoooohoooo......:drool5:
Do you still have it? Does it run?
That's awesome that it's pre-WWII!
I'm not as familiar with cast iron Briggs, and I don't know what the letter codes mean, but that thing is so cool!
It'd probably make for a wheelie monster go kart engine!:auto:

Jet Provost

Reaction score
Yep kept it all these years. They were big and heavy. Has a big lever you pull to start it. It ran perfectly and still would with a little tinkering. 85 years old.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ooohh, mechanical starter! Don't see those any more!

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

That spark plug location is REALLY interesting! I wonder what the engineers' reason behind it was?

txluke

Reaction score
You will fly with that 1.75hp! Just get it to run and start it up once in awhile. I love old engines but they don't work well on mini bikes.

Jet Provost

Reaction score
It may only be 1 hp but the whole rating system was different then. That plug was used in many 20s and 30s cars. It would be major cool on a vintage homemade mini bike. But not fast.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
That's really neat! It might be interesting to try to change it around to kick start, but with something that old, I wouldn't want to hack it up.

Jet Provost

Reaction score
It is goofy for sure. I love old ****. I even have 14 outboards that are 60 to 80 years old. I have my first motorcycle in my office. My dad bought it for me on my twelfth Birthday. I sold it to my friends dad in 1973 when i bought my first car. A 69 camaro z28. I found it again in 2007. My friends dad still owned it. It was a mess. Took 2 years to restore. Rode it 200 miles to make sure it was perfect. Drained the fluids and put it in my office. Everyday i look at the bike in my office that took me on so many adventures. How lucky is that!

Attachments

• B138539C-160A-4ECF-A6E1-5CA4AB922FE4.jpeg
    B138539C-160A-4ECF-A6E1-5CA4AB922FE4.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 10

Jet Provost

Reaction score
I do have toys. An insane amount of them. 10 cars 16 motorcycles 5 race karts 6 outboards 13 airplanes and more engines than i can think about. All kinds of ham radio gear. Yes I’m nuts and you need to work hard to beat me ha ha. I forgot my airplane tugs and forklifts. My business has been good to me.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Heyhey! Another ham! I'm KG5THN, a General class operator(highest class in my family:lolgoku:)
I'm not very active ATM, because I got into yet ANOTHER addiction: karts!:roflol:

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
You've got some cool toys. Could you get a couple more pics of that lever starter? I've been looking into some king of way to make a kick starter for a minibike.

Jet Provost

Reaction score
Heyhey! Another ham! I'm KG5THN, a General class operator(highest class in my family:lolgoku:)
I'm not very active ATM, because I got into yet ANOTHER addiction: karts!:roflol:

Not touched ham stuff since I was a kid. I do have a very nice system I bought from a guy 2 years ago. I was going to set it up in one of my hangers. I paid $1500 for it. 1200 watt setup.

Attachments

• radio base station.jpg
    radio base station.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.