160hp 2 seater

Is a 160hp 900cc two stroke engine enough for a fully enclosed 2 seater built from steel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
My current build has a 8' wheelbase and is 9' overall, but only with a 15+ hp. Predator. Truly overbuilt for the motor, but I still would never want more than a 420cc in it. Your best bet for protection is not a fully enclosed cabin for getting launched into space with maybe an oak tree for brakes. What you need for safety is less power/speed. Or buy a truck.

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
hmm def looks like one of my builds. In fact i think i built exactly that when i was a kid. had roller skate wheels on it for going down hills. Super fun.

Are you trying to build an 80mph tank! sounds like fun.

160hp?? yah i can see a tank with that going 80mph, i guess. should get some airbags for it too :) i dont think you are going to like rolling anything at 80mph. even if it is a tank. Just going to rattle you inside the can. godspeed.

Maneuverability might be a better plan. so you can avoid rolling :)

Keef_it_Up

Reaction score
hmm def looks like one of my builds. In fact i think i built exactly that when i was a kid. had roller skate wheels on it for going down hills. Super fun.

Are you trying to build an 80mph tank! sounds like fun.

160hp?? yah i can see a tank with that going 80mph, i guess. should get some airbags for it too :) i dont think you are going to like rolling anything at 80mph. even if it is a tank. Just going to rattle you inside the can. godspeed.

Maneuverability might be a better plan. so you can avoid rolling :)
I wouldnt use the word tank but i want to be able to drive at 50 and crank the wheel to see how many times i can roll it. Wgile being able to literally start it and drive away. Ive been in multiple car accidents. One at 100mph in a subaru impreza. All I've learned is that seat belts save lives. Have to stay contained in the vehicle.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Do you have a death wish? Because rolling anything at 50 mph could make you dead. Even if by accident, dead is dead.

Keef_it_Up

Reaction score
Do you have a death wish? Because rolling anything at 50 mph could make you dead. Even if by accident, dead is dead.
I think I'll just stick to adding kph after a speed. I obviously confused you because I said 100mph. 50 kph is 31 mph.
I want utv safety. Zero crumple zones so she'll be hard hitting. like a old car.