110cc go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrari motors15

New member
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Location
gatineau
I am changing my 6.5hp clone for a 110cc semi auto 4spd.
I already make some research to find the front sprocket rpm . I need this rpm to do my gearing.
I will send some pics of the project tomorow i remove all the things i have on the kart and do some sandblasting.
After I would do some renforcement welds.

Sorry for my poor english i am a canadian(french)
 

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Messages
4,537
Reaction score
11
Location
Michigan Troll
Remove the sparkplug, and flywheel cover, then spin the engine over by hand while going through the gears and figure your ratios that way. All you have to doafter that is find the max RPM of the engine and do some math.
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
If you know the original gearing and tire size of the bike (atv?) you can use that to estimate the gearing. Simply divide the diameter of the bike tire by the diameter of your go kart tire, then simple divide the original rear sprocket by that number.

So for example the bike had a 45t sprocket and 26" tires, the kart will have 13" tires. So 26/13=2 45/2=22.5 now a 22t sprocket will give your kart the same speed as the bike. Since the kart will be a bit heavier and have more resistance than the bike it's a good idea to gear it a little lower than the calculated number.
 

Ferrari motors15

New member
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Location
gatineau
I recieved my engine today.

I have a couple of question so i joined some pictures with numbers on the circle.

1: I need to know what is this pin

2: what is this plug (looks like a gaz plug but i already have a tube on the bottom of the carb

3:What is this tube i know that if you flip the engine the oil will go out by there but i dont know if i have to plug it to something.
 

Attachments

  • p_00090.jpg
    p_00090.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 16
  • p_00091.jpg
    p_00091.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 19
  • p_00092.jpg
    p_00092.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 18

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
1 is just a guide for the carb slide
2 is where u hook a gas line, the one on the bottum of the bowl is an overflow hose.
3 is your crank case breather, best to hook it up to you airfilter so it won't suck in dirt.
 

Ferrari motors15

New member
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Location
gatineau
ok thanks i think i will buy an adapter to hook up my overflow on my fuel line

another question:

how do i attach this cable in my carb?

I know i look like a noob with all the questions but im new with those type of engine:mad2:
 

Attachments

  • p_00094.jpg
    p_00094.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 5

jr dragster T

New member
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8
Location
Cold place
Put the carburetor slide return spring on the cable and compress the spring with your fingers. Then slide the ball end of the cable into the slot on the carb slid and allow the spring to go into the center of the slide. Screw the carb top on and that's it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top