Recent content by savage

  1. S

    TAV-30 surging

    For starters the TAV-30 is clean and lubricated with a new belt. The gokart TAV will surge when going down a long steep hill when my foot is off of the throttle. Is this normal?
  2. S

    twisted mounting bracket asymetric TAV 30

    UPDATE: All the components transfered over to the aluminum back plate. Problem solved.
  3. S

    adding a 4 point harness

    Thanks! Nice pics! Where did you get the belts? I need belts that can be adjusted to a very short length for my little boys waist.
  4. S

    adding a 4 point harness

    I have a 5 year old son that I want to protect in his first go kart. I would like to know if anyone has added a 4 point harness to a yerfdog type kart with a roll bar. Where did you get the harness from and how did you mount it? Pictures would be appreciated. Thanks!
  5. S

    Tecumseh carb

    Tecumseh model OHH50 68011B I recently picked up this old kart 1995 5HP. Yesterday I found what appears to be the low speed idle screw on the garage floor, how lucky can you get!!!!! It's not a needle valve with a point, but might be what is now called a low speed injector screw. Does anyone...
  6. S

    twisted mounting bracket asymetric TAV 30

    I would have thought that the steel plate would be stronger than the aluminum one. Can I just purchase the aluminum mounting bracket and use all of the existing components or do I have to buy the complete clutch?
  7. S

    twisted mounting bracket asymetric TAV 30

    Just picked up two karts for my 5 year old. The bigger kart has a 5HP motor with a Comet Torq-A-Verter asymetric TAV 30. The mounting bracket is twisted and the pulleys and sprockets are out of alignment.The tube that houses the bearings for the jack shaft is also loose in the mounting plate...
Top