Recent content by Jupiter Spunk

  1. J

    Identifying a Old Tecumseh 8hp

    No luck on the model # underneath the starter. I removed the carb and cleaned it. It actually was pretty clean to begin with. Adjusted the idle screws and replaced the spark plug. the spark plug had alot of carbon on it. Im hoping cleaning the carb will help with that. I need to find an...
  2. J

    Identifying a Old Tecumseh 8hp

    Sorry keep forgetting to take pictures. maybe tonight. But I did find some new information on where the model # may be. "On the older Tecumseh engines the numbers were usually stamped on the top of the shroud right along the front edge. (standing behind the blower) If it has electric start...
  3. J

    Identifying a Old Tecumseh 8hp

    I'll post some pictures later today. I was thinking an h80 also but wanted to be sure before buying some parts for it. I'm going to start by cleaning out the carb, replacing the spark plug and seeing how she runs. Right now it tends to die when I hit the gas, or stutter.
  4. J

    Identifying a Old Tecumseh 8hp

    No luck, as far as I can tell, the engine has not been repainted. Still has original factory stickers (none of which indicate a model) I cannot find anything etched into the metal like above except the timing on the block.
  5. J

    Tecumseh Carb Question!!

    Sorry, that info doesn't work for you. But my carb looks just like that, and Now I'll feel comfortable working on it with a good instruction set. Thanks Blazkowiez
  6. J

    Identifying a Old Tecumseh 8hp

    I wasn't seeing those, but I'll take a closer look when I get home. I'm going to take the engine off of the cart and take it down stairs in my house so I can clean the carb and the engine up.
  7. J

    advice on painting

    Why not just use Black BBQ paint?
  8. J

    Identifying a Old Tecumseh 8hp

    I recently bought a used go kart for the boy and I to work on/play with. It runs ok but I want to do some tuning to the engine. New muffler, needs an air filter etc. I am trying to find out what model the engine is. The usual stickers that have the engine model do not list it. Only the oil...
Top