Recent content by Jsf74

  1. J

    Tecumseh replacement carbs which ones.

    Both of my sons karts need new carbs and I want to make sure I get the right ones. The manco dingo has a hm80 8hp tecumseh with serial # 5065g87. The other is a baja bird hm50 5hp tecumseh with serial # 4300428. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  2. J

    8hp bs industrial plus carb problem

    Just finished my third go kart build in 6 weeks and am having a problem with fuel delivery. The motor is a 1999 8hp Briggs industrial plus. It will start on the 1st pull and idle and rev great but when running on ground it will take off like a rocket but die out after about 30 seconds. It takes...
  3. J

    New clutch won't engage???

    Running real good and my son is having a blast. He just snapped the axle in half about an hour ago so we got to replace that now. No biggie it's fun getting to work with my son and teach him about dirt track racing. Kind of tuff to have him help on my dirt modified but he's starting to...
  4. J

    Manco axle broke???

    My son snapped the axle on his manco silver streak kart yesterday and I can't find a replacement anywhere? Any ideas short of fabbing up a whole new setup. I just got everything dialed in!
  5. J

    New clutch won't engage???

    It was the clutch. Swapped a new one on and perfect. Thanks everyone.
  6. J

    New clutch won't engage???

    Please explain the different springs?
  7. J

    New clutch won't engage???

    Free rev. I'm thinking I must have just got a faulty clutch. I was just hoping it was something dumb but these things look pretty fool proof.
  8. J

    New clutch won't engage???

    Clutch engagement is in relation to rpm. The tire size and ratio would only effect take off speed and top speed. The rpms are maxed out but the drums do not touch the clutch. At least that's my theory. I build full size race cars normally but this kart stuff is new to me.
  9. J

    New clutch won't engage???

    10"
  10. J

    New clutch won't engage???

    Hello everyone I'm new here and need a hand. I rebuilt a manco silver streak for my son and replaced the turd 50cc with a 5 horse Briggs fun power. I bought a brand new tsc masters of motion clutch and the thing won't engage while on the ground. Works fine on jack stands but nothing off. My gear...
Top