8hp bs industrial plus carb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsf74

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Just finished my third go kart build in 6 weeks and am having a problem with fuel delivery. The motor is a 1999 8hp Briggs industrial plus. It will start on the 1st pull and idle and rev great but when running on ground it will take off like a rocket but die out after about 30 seconds. It takes several pulls to get it back going and blows black smoke for a second and cleans right up. Take off and repeat.

Things changed
Cleaned carb
Filter and pre filter
Oil change and at proper level

When I take the filter housing off fuel dripps out so I'm assuming it's flooding out. Any suggestions fellas???
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,799
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I would clean the carb again and make sure the needle and seat are ok (if it is a bowl carb) or check that the pickup tubes are clean (if it is a pulse jet carb)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top