Recent content by Eli

  1. E

    New build in the Pacific Northwest.

    Thanks firemanjiim, I am looking forward to this project and will probably take pics along the way for anyone to follow along.
  2. E

    Rear Axle Question

    I was looking at the 1in step down to 3/4in. But the 2in step down width will not fit the wheel hubs unmodified. I am considering trying to reduce the wheel hub width by cutting/grinding it down to get it under the 2in (plus a smidgen to lock it on). Since those use a thread and nut will they...
  3. E

    Rear Axle Question

    Here is a quick look at the chassis as it currently sits. To get a better sense of what I am working with. Thanks for looking. https://flic.kr/p/ogQssF
  4. E

    Rear Axle Question

    I have a framed out chassis from an old craftsman riding lawnmower. I would like to use the wheels and frame to build up a decent little off-road cart. The question I had is the axle. The wheel hubs are 3/4in keyed and 3.5in wide. If I use an axle that is 3/4in keyed all the way across will...
  5. E

    New build in the Pacific Northwest.

    Hello, been browsing this forum for a few days and figured it was time to join. I have an old craftsman riding lawn mower that I have stripped down to the frame. I am looking to build a higher torque, mostly off road, gocart. Hills, field, an tree lot will be our playground when complete. I...
Top