Eli
Caleb
Hello, been browsing this forum for a few days and figured it was time to join.
I have an old craftsman riding lawn mower that I have stripped down to the frame. I am looking to build a higher torque, mostly off road, gocart. Hills, field, an tree lot will be our playground when complete.
I am in research mode an suggestions are welcome. Current plan is to get this engine http://www.maxtool.com/duromax-xp16hpe or http://gokartsusa.com/Predator-212-Engine-Gokart-Minibike.aspx or http://gokartsusa.com/Honda-Gokart-Engine-Minibike-65-3.aspx (in order of current preference)
In a direct drive live axel configuration.
Trying to keep cost down so will probably go with a centrifugal clutch.
Axel:40in or wider. The law mower wheels are 3/4 in keyed. Would a 3/4 in axel hold up to general wear and tear? (wheel hubs are 3 1/2 in wide.)
Looking at the gearing now. Suggestions welcome.
Brakes. Unresearched. But probably disk.
That is the start of this guy playing around. Not looking to go crazy with speed. My daughters will be "helping" along the way and love driving. Any thoughts are welcome.
I have an old craftsman riding lawn mower that I have stripped down to the frame. I am looking to build a higher torque, mostly off road, gocart. Hills, field, an tree lot will be our playground when complete.
I am in research mode an suggestions are welcome. Current plan is to get this engine http://www.maxtool.com/duromax-xp16hpe or http://gokartsusa.com/Predator-212-Engine-Gokart-Minibike.aspx or http://gokartsusa.com/Honda-Gokart-Engine-Minibike-65-3.aspx (in order of current preference)
In a direct drive live axel configuration.
Trying to keep cost down so will probably go with a centrifugal clutch.
Axel:40in or wider. The law mower wheels are 3/4 in keyed. Would a 3/4 in axel hold up to general wear and tear? (wheel hubs are 3 1/2 in wide.)
Looking at the gearing now. Suggestions welcome.
Brakes. Unresearched. But probably disk.
That is the start of this guy playing around. Not looking to go crazy with speed. My daughters will be "helping" along the way and love driving. Any thoughts are welcome.
Eli! I like it when people do some homework before just throwing out a ton of questions. You're gonna fit right in...... 