Your input is requested (site suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's a chance to have your otherwise un-important voice heard. I'm kidding, I'm kidding! :roflol:

Seriously though, as you all know, new things are coming to the site. I was asked to make a list of things that were suggested by members so, I started this thread to collect some of the suggestions that you guys have. Feel free to suggest things that haven't already been mentioned. This will then be passed on to Robert, the admin.

Some of the suggestions are:

How-To/Tutorial Section

Kart of the Month

Picture Gallery

Ghetto, Most individual, most ingenuity awards (Tri monthly)

Chat

Other forum subjects, ie Snowmobiles, bikes (regular bikes), motorbike sections

Split Engine section into brands/types, ie Briggs, Tecumseh, Lawn Boy, clones, flat heads, 4 Cycle/2 Cycle

Guest Counter

Members' Dictionary

Tool Talk section

Design Ideas section

Member of the month

Throttle linkages/Jackshaft setups (possibly part of how to section)

If I have missed your suggestion, please let me know. This list will be updated as suggestions are added.

Thanks! :cheers2:

Last edited:

killawatt

tried to get banned
Reaction score
what about member of the month or something along those lines i think that those members who go that extra mile to help peaple like me out should have some reconition some will follow builds from the beginig to end constantly adding helpful advice just take a poll and see who helped everyone out the most they deserve it

thgrahamjr

Love To Build!
Reaction score
I think we should have a section for different set-ups ie. photo gallery of throttle linkages, jackshaft set-up, etc. Alot of people understand things by images better than other people trying to explain something.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys! Here's the update: We're scheduled for a new server (upgrade) tonight. I hope that will solve our errors. Then it's off to the races on the new site features. Keep them coming if you have other ideas!

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
I think we should have a section for different set-ups ie. photo gallery of throttle linkages, jackshaft set-up, etc. Alot of people understand things by images better than other people trying to explain something.

i like that idea too. especially because there so many ways to setup throttle linkages and all that good stuff.

all the suggestions in that list are great too!

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
updates: progress has gotten a little slow (with tax season!!!) but now that it's passed, should be up and running again. I'm going to test the new forums on another website, and when i'm sure it's prefect, move them over. I'd say a couple of weeks.

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I think it would be cool to have a site entrance page, That would show a different picture every time, and members could submit our pictures for it.

Like this website.
http://www.ranger-forums.com

Its not anything real functional or important, But it may be kinda neat I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.