(Yet another) Governor Removal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombient

Junkyard Derelict
Messages
565
Reaction score
6
Location
Waco, Texas
Alright, I know there have been plenty of threads about this, but I'm looking for a concrete answer.

I have a Predator 212cc and 420cc.

Let's say that there is a 100% chance of not blowing up the engine if I leave the Governor alone. No upgraded rods or cams or anything.

I've never heard of anyone blowing the 420cc with a removed governor. I've heard of issues with the 212cc, but I've never actually seen anyone post about how they've removed it and it blew up.

Now, I plan on doing basic mods on both engines.

-Rejet carb.
-Straight exhaust.
-Better air filter.
-Better valve springs.

I'm not planning on riding either engine HARD all the time. One is going on the rat kart, the other is the Yerf.

So I guess my question is, with those basic upgrades/mods, before it was (hypothetically) a 100% of not blowing the engine, what does it bring it down to now? 80%? 50%?
 

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
9
Imo... round 85% no blow... 90% if a TC used.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Imo... round 85% no blow... 90% if a TC used.

But if you remove the governor... cancel buying the springs.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
YES!!!-- For what seems like the thousandth time....if you remove the governor....DO NOT UPGRADE THE SPRINGS!!!! ~without replacing the connecting rod with a billet one first!!!!

There was just recently a thread where a guy blew a billet con rod.....no way it's a good idea to use stock.....

And people think....well....I'm not gonna run it wide open all the time.....NO..... the forces are there...and while the more you run high rpms, the greater the chance of failure, the truth is, if there's a flaw in the stock rod that's exceeded by pressure....it doesn't matter if it's just a split second.....
 

Zombient

Junkyard Derelict
Messages
565
Reaction score
6
Location
Waco, Texas
YES!!!-- For what seems like the thousandth time....if you remove the governor....DO NOT UPGRADE THE SPRINGS!!!! ~without replacing the connecting rod with a billet one first!!!!

There was just recently a thread where a guy blew a billet con rod.....no way it's a good idea to use stock.....

And people think....well....I'm not gonna run it wide open all the time.....NO..... the forces are there...and while the more you run high rpms, the greater the chance of failure, the truth is, if there's a flaw in the stock rod that's exceeded by pressure....it doesn't matter if it's just a split second.....

:surrender:

Thank you :thumbsup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top