Yerf Dog - Heavy Positive Camber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbenderr

Reaction score
Hi guys!

New to the forum and just purchased a used Yerf Dog 3202.

It's not perfect by any means but I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun tinkering with it.

One of the first things I noticed about the kart is that there is some pretty serious positive camber going on with the front tires and you can see heavier wear in the tires due to this.

I have found replacement front tires but want to correct the camber issue before replacing the tires.

It seems like the most logical way to deal with this is to maybe find shorter front springs since this is where the problem seems to originate.

I will say when sitting in the kart, the camber levels out slightly so going to short might cause negative camber?

Is there another adjustment I might be overlooking?

Or maybe these things are designed this way on purpose? Anyways, attached an image for anyone willing to help.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
And now the bad news:
THAT IS correct camber for yerf dogs with relatively fresh suspension..

it drops with passengers (in case the suspension is not too stiff but the one yerf dog installed)
to around zero camber also they're adjustable, so you can lift it slightly when it starts to wear.

as soon as you have inward camber w/o passengers and there's no more adjustment to compensate,
the suspension is due to be replaced ...

'sid

PS manual (page11):
http://www.bmikarts.com/PDF/3202_D.pdf

TT540

Newb
Reaction score
I cannot tell from the small picture, but what is the mounting point of the shock to the lower control arm? there should be three holes to choose from. The further out, the lower the ride height. Further in, and you lift the right height. Also, the springs on the shocks have a preload adjustment. You can spin the collar to adjust stiffness, which will serve to help the camber droop if you have a lot of passenger weight. The ride comfort may decrease, but the tire life and turning traction will increase.

My 3202 sits level with two 7 year old kid in it. One lower shock attachment is all the way out, and the other is all the way in with some added spring preload. It has a bent spindle and I used the shocks to compensate for that to not wear out the near tires.

jonbenderr

Reaction score
Hi guys. Sorry for the delay (busy weekend) but I much appreciate the feedback here.

As it turns out I do not have the 3 holes for the shocks/springs referenced in the manual. Just one single connection point for the shocks.

Think I'm going to leave the suspension alone for now as the ride levels out pretty nicely under load.

Out of curiosity...does anyone have a nice list of inexpensive upgrades I can make to this to get a little bit of performance improvement? Preferably stuff that is easily compatible with the yerf dog and doesn't require to much hack and slash?

Status
Not open for further replies.