Yerf Dog 32001 Possible Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After selling my last kart last year ive moved on to pocketbikes, and later dirtbikes. Then i realized that i was in go kart denial and i needed a kart bad!!! After scouring local craigslist for days i came across this. http://worcester.craigslist.org/bar/3707383655.html and thought not a bad kart but the price is out of my range. What caught my eye was his trades for paintball gear, i called and offered what i had and he said yes! so im thinking of picking it up on wednesday. The kart is a yerf dog model 32001. It needs a new belt for the cvt, and a new driven unit. he sent me pictures of his old one and it is in pretty poor shape. BMI karts sells it for 33 dollars so i think ill just buy a new one.

Has anyone had previous experience with these karts? Are they easy to roll? Have good speed, torque? Rigid or smooth suspension?

Future Plans Include:
-Bucket Seat, or racing seat with harness
-quad wheels
-paint frame white and accessories black
-remove front roll cage, just leave back portion
-new steering wheel
-and some engine mods like governor removal, and a custom header.

KartFab

Reaction score
Good torque. They are pretty easy to roll. Go about 30 mph. If you put bigger wheels on the front you may end up with some turning clearance issues as they hit the frame. Front shocks tend to bottom out after a while so they may be replaced.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Ok, well the kid went back on the deal now. he says i have to wait until after the 12th of april to get it. Not sure if im gonna sit on this deal that long but only time will tell.

Im not too happy to hear that it rolls easily... I wanted this for trail riding and pits, etc.

KartFab

Reaction score
as long as you drive it in a straight line its ok :) Lean hard into the turns and you have that fixed. My nephew rolled it, I almost rolled it twice. Thats what happens with a higher center of gravity and shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.