countrydriven
New member
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 0
This wonderful marvel has been wasting away in my field for about 3 years now since we've all grown up and now have road legal off road rigs:
My plan is to make it into a legit mini buggy that will be able to seat a large adult (I'm 6'3'').
My plans so far that are by no means set in stone:
Body/Frame:
Extend frame 6-10"
Reinforce frame heavily
Widen roll bars
Add cargo rack
Center steering wheel
Replace floor
Add offroad light w/cage
Add cargo box in rear
Add metal covering on front and sides throughout
more Ill add later...
Engine:
NRRACING stage 2 w/ aluminum flywheel
Custom dual exhaust w/ removable mufflers
some sort of charger for the battery
governor removal
I plan on keeping the tires throughout for now and probably the crappy shocks as-well. Mostly I'm going to spend my money on the fabrication vs. drive/powertrain.
http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030
I will be copying this individual in some aspects, he went for sorta the same thing I want except for milder and maybe a little longer (thats up in the air though). I'm going to try to get some drawings and plans going in shop before I make the first cut so I will be posting those up here initially. Hope we can all learn something here and hope y'all enjoy the build thread!
My plan is to make it into a legit mini buggy that will be able to seat a large adult (I'm 6'3'').
My plans so far that are by no means set in stone:
Body/Frame:
Extend frame 6-10"
Reinforce frame heavily
Widen roll bars
Add cargo rack
Center steering wheel
Replace floor
Add offroad light w/cage
Add cargo box in rear
Add metal covering on front and sides throughout
more Ill add later...
Engine:
NRRACING stage 2 w/ aluminum flywheel
Custom dual exhaust w/ removable mufflers
some sort of charger for the battery
governor removal
I plan on keeping the tires throughout for now and probably the crappy shocks as-well. Mostly I'm going to spend my money on the fabrication vs. drive/powertrain.
http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030
I will be copying this individual in some aspects, he went for sorta the same thing I want except for milder and maybe a little longer (thats up in the air though). I'm going to try to get some drawings and plans going in shop before I make the first cut so I will be posting those up here initially. Hope we can all learn something here and hope y'all enjoy the build thread!
(yes I know this isn't simple but nothing really awesome is lol).