Yamaha Chassis

mike4aera

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Bakersfield Calif
I have a Yamaha chassis, 77 or 78 I have been told. I am going to put a 4cycle predator motor on for my Grandson. Just started working it on today. Can you press out the bearings in the front hubs and replace them. The original bearings are made in Japan and they have a part number on them. Thanks
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,076
Reaction score
4,496
Location
Southern New Mexico
If you can read the number on the bearing it should be a good part number for a replacement. You can also press em out and measure the bore, width and OD. I get mine from carquest.
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,076
Reaction score
4,496
Location
Southern New Mexico
Post some pics of your master cylinder.
I've found it easier to just buy a new one over fixing the old one.
If there's any type of corrosion going on inside it's near impossible to repair. The aluminum is so corroded by the time you get the corrosion out and the bore cleaned,you removed enough of the bore the seals wont work.
 

anderkart

Moderator
Messages
6,430
Reaction score
386
Location
Surprise Arizona USA
I seem to recall there were 2 different sets of brake calipers and master cylinders used on the Yamaha RC100 racekarts, depending on it's year of manufacture.

Here's a link an active facebook Yamaha RC100 group (Vintage Yamaha Kart Fans) that could help you I.D. your karts era and brake componets, and probably hook you up with parts and lots more info you'll be needing: https://www.facebook.com/groups/257498411360347
 
Last edited:

mike4aera

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Bakersfield Calif
I found a new/old stock brake master cylinder. Got the bearings for the rear axle and front hubs. Are there rear brake cables available for this kart.
 

Oldjunk61

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I found a new/old stock brake master cylinder. Got the bearings for the rear axle and front hubs. Are there rear brake cables available for this kart.
Hi I’m looking for a master cylinder for mine 1977 model can you tell me where you found yours thanks rich
 
Top