Yamaha BR250 Piston Port to Reed Valve Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertduler

Reaction score
So one of my fellow lakebed racers wants some low end power out of his engine so I am going to convert his piston ported engine to reed valve induction like I did to my 277 Rotax engine,if you watch this video long enough you will see how far of a head start I gave him on this test track and where I was able to reel him in and pass him in the tight portion of the test track because of the difference of power delivery between a piston ported engine and my converted reed valved engine,and here is a photo of his cylinder and a homemade reed valve housing that I will convert to his cylinder,it needs to be heli arc welded together and I will machine his cylinder and adapt the reed valve housing to the cylinder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaTL65TtVaI

Attachments

• BR250.jpg
    BR250.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 9

Desertduler

Reaction score
Man, I wish Colorado had some lake beds like this, nice flat dry places to race around. I either have to go to the track or break the law just to ride.
I love the lakebeds around here,no restrictions or people around,they are fantastic to drive a kart on all weekend day and night,they are huge and one can set up a course miles long.

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
Yeah see that's nice. Here in Colorado every piece of Land is either patrolled or owned by farmers/industry. No open flat areas just to romp around and have a good time.

Desertduler

Reaction score
Yeah see that's nice. Here in Colorado every piece of Land is either patrolled or owned by farmers/industry. No open flat areas just to romp around and have a good time.
I am lucky,plenty of open space here hassle free and every time it rains real hard every track gets leveled out and is erased and there is no trace or impact on the lakebed, we never leave any garbage or course markers or anything that would indicate that we were even there and that keeps open land open to the public,there has been quite a bit of land shut down even in my area from people being pigs and showing disrespectful treatment to the land not saying that is the case where you live as some states have different laws and regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.