XF157QMJ GY6 different final drive gears??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltuveRules

Reaction score
:censored: I bought final drive gears to get my buggy going quicker. Well, they finaly arrived in china and the :censored: thing doesn't fit! I had the original small intermediate gear pressed out of the large intermediate and when the new one is inserted, there's a pretty big gap (see pic) I contacted the seller and this is what he told me:

"XF157QMJ is produced by Zhejiang Jiajue(produced for Sunl). Their website is http://www.jiajue.com/.
XF refers to one of their brands "Xiong Feng".
If I could know your model, I would tell you it is not fit for this engine.
Both Jiajue Motor and Znen Lance Sport carry a different 150cc air cooled engine from standard GY6-150cc, and we call it GY7 in China (including engine number BN157QMJ, XF157QMJ). The variator set, rear clutch, and transmission system are all different. We sell some parts for this model too on our another store in another platform.

"Scooter GY6-125 GY6-150" is important as a reminder on fitment. In case of ATV or go-kart, some were equipped with different transmission system with reverse gear.
157QMJ is based on model number coding rule in China, not representing GY6-150 engine specially.
157QMJ: 1 referes to single cylinder
57 means to cylinder ID 57.4mm
Q refers to Forced Air Cooling M refers to Motorcycle(including Scooter)
J means displacement of 150cc (I: 125cc M: 250cc).

Because GY7 is not a popular model, there is no racing gear sets in parts market. We cannot find one for you too. The best solution is to return this item for refund. You can ship it back by USPS Economy.

Communication before purchase is important. As a Chinese exporter specilized in motorcycle parts/scooter parts, we learn more about different engines than end users."

The ad (http://www.ebay.com/itm/222328843404?ul_noapp=true) says it will fit "all Chinese scooters equipped with GY6-125/GY6-150 (152QMI,157QMJ) engine." Well it's chinese :censored: and it says 157QMJ. They had a reminder saying "It's not fit for Taiwan KYMCO GY6-125/150 engines", but mine isn't KYMCO. I payed 38 bucks for these dumb things and currently I'll get like $11.5 back after shipping :furious2: I think I'm going to take this one to ebay and hopefully get my money back. Thoughts?

Attachments

• go kart loose gear.jpg
    go kart loose gear.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 2
  • Go kart ID.jpg
    Go kart ID.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 1

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
:furious2: I think I'm going to take this one to ebay and hopefully get my money back. Thoughts?

Sure.. but you don't wanna hear them I assume ;)

No honestly, you should've known that gy6 is not gy6 is not gy6..
not two of those engines are alike, they're all clones of a Honda engine, and they changed much more than they did with the gx series..

As an owner of one, you should've known,
as a member of diygk you should've known...

So yeah you basically should've asked first.. no matter what the ad says.

You need to pay the return shipping, that's how it goes!
That too you should've known IMHO.

Sell that part on ebay (domestic shipping) and you get more money back than by returning it to the seller in china.
maybe even be able to fully cover your expenses *shrugs*

So, you learned something about your engine.. you payed 38 bucks for doing so...
not the most expensive lesson you'll get as an owner of a gy6 I assume :(

Anyways..
Sure, rant all you want, but dealing with china is always terrible on returns..
not because the sellers are terrible, but because shipping is..
china to anywhere in the world is a buck per pound and from anywhere to china 100 (vastly exaggerated)...

Inform ebay?? really
About what? About you haven't thought it through,
about you didn't knew your engine was different,
or about you do not like shipping fees?

Frankly... You shouldn't.

'sid

PS See? you didn't wanted to hear that...

AltuveRules

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I honestly thought all the gear sets were the same; in all my research I never ran across anyone not having one fit and there's no info on my engine code anywhere, but I shoulda asked :( Why do they even change stuff? Such a pain for nothing :roflol: Do you think it would be possible to purchase a different large intermediate gear that will press into this set and mate with my input shaft? I'm thinking no but it's worth a shot.... I have no idea how to tell if it would fit without just blindly buying it (again :eek: ) though.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
well.. again, those engines are just made by too many manufacturers to tell for sure..

you may find a matching gear, you might even be able to swap the shaft (to the one the gear was made for)
IDK..

But what you should do is take precise measurements of all parts you want to/need to replace.
and buy parts asking the seller to confirm those first,
otherwise it's fairly likely that you'd run into the same issue again and again.

Why they change parts?
Simple.. they had tooling for slightly different sizes already when they started to make the engine,
or they got a better source for cogwheels with a different bore and just adapted to that.
if it meant turning the shaft down a few mm.. why not.
It's all about providing cheap, not about providing best quality.

'sid

Status
Not open for further replies.