WtB Sprockets and matching hubs

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Hey,
I need to find a sprocket and matching hub for axle.

I can not find anything at GoPowerSports , BMI or gokartsusa where else?

I need a 72T either 40/41 sprocket for a 40 chain, , with a matching hub for a 1 inch axle.

Everything seems odd, sprockets with 1/4-20/28 bolts on say 5-1/4 and all the 5-1/4 hubs use 5/16 or 3/8 bolts :confused:

Or other oddball combos'

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
I need to be able to swap gearing for certain events, at the house I want at least 72 for the hills and 54 or 60 for flat tracks down south.

I was really looking for split gears, I may have to just make my own hub, just was hoping to buy some stock stuff

mckutzy

Reaction score
With a weld on hub.. could attached some Tabs to have the sprocket swapable, with bolt... I was thinking about to do this originally with my bike, but I didnt need to...
The pilot bore to sprocket is fairly tight...It wont wobble if welded correctly..

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
While looking again, I found my fix I think

I may just get a hub with 1/4-20 and drill and tap with 5/16 that would be easiest.

With what I am building I don't even want to think about pulling the axle out for a gear change

I just don't believe I can't find matching components

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ok I see...cool ride...

In one Idea I had, figuring I needed to have an exchangeable rear sprocket(like wise) without having to dismount the rear end, was to use a smaller sprocket to act as a flange hub to bolt onto, with the hub having a wide enough register to have a split sprocket of the same hub series, to sit on....
Like other split sprockets, Simply advance to the tension side, remove and replace, spin around to the opposite, remove and replace, re-tension the chain a bit...